Do you know what a platter is? It is literally the combination of all! From small to big, there is everything that you can think of! As we know, Halloween is the season of celebration and joy! How can you celebrate a festival without elaborate meals and dishes to keep you company? That is right! Today we have brought you some exclusive Halloween platter recipes that you can try out this season. Wait, are you making a platter for the first time? Then you have to read through these tips to prepare one with perfection. Let's go!
1. Get a board of the appropriate size- first, you need to get a board that is large enough to hold the items! It is a party so you need a variety of appetizers to line up near the counter and serving them on a platter is the best idea we conclude! So if you feel that the food items in not suffice in the smaller wooden boards then get a bigger one before the event! If the food is overcrowded, they simply do not look that great! In the case of a fruit platter, you can take a board slightly smaller than the required size so the platter appears full. This way a couple of cheese slices and fruity cubes are enough to fill up the tray before you display it on the table.
2. Place the larger items first- the ideal way to fill the platter includes placing the larger pieces first on the plate! This will enable you to estimate the amount of space that will be needed. Then you can fill the gaps with smaller items as well. Have you filled a jar with marbles before? Did you observe that in the gaps, there was still space left for adding the sand? Filling the platter works in a similar style. You can place the main items like cheese, fruits, and meat first and then the remaining pockets can be filled with berries, nuts, and so on.
3. Use small dishes and bowls for dips- a platter is simply incomplete without dips! So do you pour them directly into the tray? Of course not! Take a small bowl or wooden plate to serve the dips and dressings! The guests can help themselves with a spoon for the required amount they need. This is rather a classy and sophisticated way to arrange the extras and will work wonderfully to make your Halloween table look the best. You can even create a contrast of shades and patterns on the plate depending on the style that you follow for the preparation and arrangement.
4. Set some dishes on the side of the platter -
You are making a platter does not mean that you have to place every food item on the plate itself! Allow some small plates and bowls to surround the platter which gives a distinguished aura to the table! The combination of shapes and patterns also showcases a sense of creativity among the hosts! You should definitely think about such options to adorn the table.
5. Contrast and coordinate the texture and color- there are two other ways in which you can make sure that the platter looks even more attractive. Contrasting and playing with the shades and colors help you to acquire a sense of dynamism while on the other hand, you can also coordinate the shades of the appetizers to provide an elegant charm to the overall setup.
6. Mix and match between the flavors- you cannot have the same and similar types of food throughout the platter! It is important for you to play with flavors like sweet, sour, and spicy! Every bite should introduce one to something new and unique! In other words, the platter should be full of surprises. Halloween is also about spookiness and surprise and your platter should convey the idea well.
7. In case, if you do not have a wooden platter board in the house -
There is no need for you to worry if you realize that the party is about to begin and you do not have a proper platter board in the house! You can still manage to make this platter with perfection. You can substitute the wooden boards with a baking sheet, chopping board, or baking tray! There is absolutely no need for you to rush to the market at the peak of the event only because you forgot about the board. Such things are common and can happen! A marble pastry board is another great option if you are serving a dessert platter for Halloween! In fact, the guests will be quite impressed with your quick-fix solutions
It is the decoration of the Halloween platter which is considered very vital! It is how you present your food that determines how much the guests shall be smitten with them! Here are some hacks to know before you make a Halloween platter.
- Pair up the food well- you should make sure that the food pairs well with each other! A completely mismatched Halloween platter is not what you desire! Always maintain a proper theme for every platter board. Be it color or a particular customized theme, they go a long way in determining the beauty of the platter.
- Always have some sides- amidst the main appetizers, we often forget that sides are equally crucial. You need to have dips, pickles, and veggies on the table along with the meat and the main course so everyone can enjoy something nice and healthy as well.
- Add some tools and utensils to the table- how do you expect your guest to eat from the platter if there are no knives and toothpicks to their aid? Similarly, you need to pile small plates on the counter so that everyone can help themselves from the platter. If you are wondering whether these are a part of the platter or not then we would like you to know that it definitely is! Every arrangement counts as you complete adorning the table with the platter.
- Have an extra plate to throw the rubbish and the extras- whether some extra green, stalks, or top of the strawberries, there is something or the other that you will feel like disposing of. Have that extra plate for the guests where they can dump the waste.
Now let us quickly find out about some awesome Halloween platters-
Delicious Spooky Halloween Platters - Quick & Easy Recipes!
From pretzels to popcorn, there is nothing that this snack board misses out on! Giving a spooky appearance to the table, this idea is perfect for the holiday season! Do give it a try for sure!
The adorable and spooky jalapeno mummy platters are exactly what you need! The crispy and crunchy poppers with the sharp flavors of jalapeno inside make it a sheer source of a treat for everyone at the party. Shall we try it?
The delicious skeleton charcuterie board leaves an impact of macabre but at the same time also tempts you to try each of them on the platter! We will not reveal its brilliance yet! You need to try and find out on your own!
The delectable skeleton candy board is a treat to the eyes and the mouth of the guests at the party! And especially if you are throwing a kid's party then there is nothing better than this idea right here for you!
This skeleton almost looks so realistic that anyone can get misled! The skeleton antipasto display is wonderful and flooded with cheese and meat cubes. Such an extraordinary idea that you simply should not miss out on! So what are you waiting for?
Here is another exciting idea for you to indulge in! Drizzled with cheese and a great source of thrill for the kids as well as the adults, we are in love with this wonderful idea which you should not miss out on!
The pumpkin snack board is a great idea especially with the fall season knocking at the doors! Design this massive Halloween jack-o-lantern with the veggies like carrot strips and so on. And your amazing pumpkin platter is ready in a jiffy!
The Halloween platter of darkness is a great idea if you want to make a board that only consists of chocolates! Brilliant and tempting, this will render everyone weak down their knees. We cannot guarantee how long the platter will exist on the table! That's how irresistible it is!
The creepy prosciutto face looks exactly like someone peeled off the skin of the face and now only the flesh remains. This is the perfect theme that you can use for Halloween! Served with biscuits and crackers on the side, you are good to go!
If you want to learn to make the Halloween charcuterie board then here is exactly what you need! Pick your kitchen tools and get started right away! Shall we begin then?
The Halloween healthy breakfast platter has got so many exotic fruity treats for the little ones! From scary bananas to kiwis and so on, this is a refreshing seasonal treat that you indulge in. There are even monster strawberries on the board.
The gorgeous Halloween snack board loaded with snacks and treats is exactly what you need to keep yourself content! Colorful and frightening, this is a great idea when you are looking for innovative ideas. Shall we give it a try then?
The snack board with all sorts of sweet treats is the most fantastic source of bliss for the little ones. When pretzels, cream, and biscuits are combined together, you can prepare this awesome snack board for yourself right here.
If you are craving something scary and savory, then this Halloween board is perfect for you to indulge in. There are Halloween poppers, Deviled eggs, spider pizza, and whatnot! Get ready to be surprised. Shall we begin then with the preps?
The Mini Halloween pizza platter is delectable and flooded with the goodness of cheese and meat! Veggies and meat create a wonderful combination as toppings on the mini flatbread. The olives shaped like spiders look so magnificent! Give it a try for sure!
The Halloween snack board is such an extraordinary idea for you to indulge in! Topped with veggies, pickles, chocolates, and candies, the snack board for Halloween is a sheer temptation to the eyes of the spectators. Shall we?
We are absolutely in love with the Halloween fruit and veggie tray which is a source of healthy delight for the little ones! This is an excellent creation with Halloween jack-o-lanterns and monster fruits on display! Quickly dig in for the same!
The platter with healthy and cute apple bites shaped like monsters is a unique creation to take into consideration for the Halloween season! The strawberry tongue sticking out of the mouth of the monster apples gives it the look of macabre.
The monster doughnut platter is lovely and created to utter perfection. Sweet and sugary, the doughnuts taste so good and are an extraordinary idea that you should not miss out on! Invite over friends and serve them doughnuts as a hearty treat at the party or for desserts.
Platters do not have to be elaborate always! You can also try out something simple and cozy with the caramel apple bars! These bite-sized healthy appetizers are available in all sorts of flavors like coconut chocolate, peanut caramel, Apple pie, and so on.
Here is a Halloween snack board that is adorned with berries, cheese, crackers, and so on! The snack board is refreshing and such an excellent option to try out this season. Shall we then?
1. How can you make your Halloween platter look nice?
You need to organize your food platter properly so that the board looks even more gorgeous. The big pieces should be placed first followed by the smaller ones to fill the gap! Follow a pattern or color to give it a distinguished look!
2. How to make a perfect party platter?
There is definitely a way to make the party platter super-duper hit! All you need are meat, veggies, cheese, and greens in abundance and half the job is done! Then look for a way to design it!
3. How can you style a platter?
There are multiple ways to style a platter like with the use of different color of cheese and fruits! Create a pattern with the hues and treats and then there should be no gap!
4. What are some of the tips for making a charcuterie?
You should get a board of the ideal size first! It is perfect if you opt for a smaller one so the tray looks fuller. Have lots of little cups and bowls so you can serve dips and salads as well.
5. What is the principle of designing a platter?
You should always have a framework for designing the Halloween platter. This way you will be able to manage the pattern you wish to acquire.
Bottom Line- Now let's not waste a single minute and get started with the preps already!