We all know how to make rice! What is so special about it? Just boil and drain to enjoy warm and fresh rice for lunch! But is it so easy? That is indeed the question we are here to answer. There is no way we will allow you to consume the same old and boring rice and curry in the bowl every day! Here we have made up a simple guide so you can find something nice and easy for every meal. If you are already intrigued then read on!
In many households, rice is consumed every other day or at least a couple of days a week! Sometimes it is a family tradition and sometimes a quick escape if you are not ready to spend much time in the kitchen! Throw in some curry with steamed rice and you can call it a meal. But just in case you are growing weary of the same arrangement every day there is definitely something that you will find useful in this column and for that, you need to read on further!
White rice is good as a refreshing and appealing option but if we talk about a healthier choice then we would suggest you go for brown or the wild version. But that is a talk for later. Cooking rice properly is an art and if you are not careful then you might end up with sticky rice unless you like gummy and sticky rice, we can't guarantee you will prefer this form of rice. Then learn how to make your steamed rice properly.
- You should use about half a cup to ¼ for every member of the house and that is how you shall get the measurement of rice you are supposed to make for a meal.
- No matter which kind of rice you are making, the ratio of rice to water is always 1:2. This means for every part of rice there should be two parts of water. In other words, the quantity of water should be twice the amount of rice. That is pretty much simple, isn't it?
- You shall need about thirty minutes to make the rice and then slowly drain the water away in the sink by tilting the vessel. You will get fluffy brown rice this way and in case you are worried about the time, after thirty minutes you can go ahead and take a couple of grains and press with your fingers to see whether the texture is fine.
Different families and then different individuals have different preferences and we will not deny the fact that not everyone prefers to consume brown rice. But if you wish to enhance the health factor of your meal then you can combine white rice with brown and the mixture works out pretty fine as a staple. Plus you get the chance to slowly introduce yourself to brown rice without having to experience the transition between white and brown suddenly which can be abrupt for the taste buds.
Suppose you have some leftover white rice from the last night's meal or the morning and are wondering what to do with it then we will ask you not to worry because we have certainly got you covered. In fact, you can cook a little extra so that you can turn the leftover into something nice. Here is a list of ways to make white rice useful!
- Fried rice: Well if you have some extra rice in the refrigerator and wondering what can be done next then we would suggest you use up the extra to make some fried rice. What much do you need, a couple of sliced veggies and you have your lunch to work prepared.
- Frittata and casserole: Yes, that is definitely another way in which you can use the leftover rice from last night. Rice with meat in a casserole is something we can hardly resist! That shall probably be the case for you too! Assuming so, you should definitely give this one a try.
- Soups: Oh, of course! How can we forget soups? You must have seen soups with rice in them. Didn't try it ever at home? Perhaps you should now. A great way to use up the remaining rice from the last meal. Go for it!
- Breakfast porridge: oh, yes! Breakfast porridge! The rice from last night can exactly be turned into one like this and you have no leftovers in the refrigerator. These are simple five-minute breakfasts and all you need to do is throw in a couple of ingredients together! And that's it!
What are the benefits of eating white rice?
That is definitely a valid question we have to admit! And hence read to learn more about the benefits of eating white rice.
1. Stabilise your blood sugar level- if you wish to keep your blood sugar level stabilized and prevent it from spiking high and low then the best thing to do is consume a little rice. Although it is rich in starch, experts have found valid reasons to suggest that a little of them in calculated amounts is never harmful but rather, beneficial.
2. Rich is rich in carbs and is the source of energy- being high in carbs, rice is a source of massive energy for the body! So if you feel weak and weary then this is a wonderful idea for a meal sometimes. Plus, it is gluten-free so the ones who have celiac disease, have no problem consuming some white rice.
3. Helps to prevent heart attack- it has been suggested by experts that whole grain rice is effective against the chance of heart attack, stroke, and so on. So you know what to make in case you have fragile heart health.
4. Rice is super easy to digest- scientific reasoning suggests that rice is super easy to digest for the stomach because it is devoid of a compound called phytic acid. So in case you are in a hurry to leave for work, consume rice because it is easier to digest and you will not even feel bloated.
5. Presence of soluble fibers- you shall be intrigued to find out that rice is full of soluble fibers which are called butyrate, a kind of resistant starch that is essential for maintaining gut health.
Here are some white rice recipes for you!
Delicious White Rice Recipes: Easy Meals for Busy Cooks
Smooth and conferred with the garlicky hint in every bite, the idea of garlic butter rice is simply outstanding and you should give it a try too! The savory buttery essence makes it perfect even for the little ones. In fact, they will ask for more.
The primary step in making rice includes making it right on the stove. This recipe will enable you to learn it properly. The instructions are pretty simple and you can get along fine.
Packed with beef bouillon and herbs, the idea of French onion rice is simply lovely. If you are tired of the simple steamed version then you can go ahead and work with this recipe that is perfect to go with chicken roast on the sides.
Thank us later for this brilliant idea but now you can make it and enjoy dinner tonight! Combine with a spicy side dish and you are good to go. So what are you waiting for? Tell us how it was!
Convert ordinary and basic white rice into something extraordinary with us! Here is a recipe that we have brought exclusively for you. Drizzled with orzo, this is a wonderful creation that leaves you totally tempted for more of it!
Infused with cilantro and herbs, the idea of Mexican rice is amazing and perfect to serve the kids even! Packed with veggies but the kids will not utter a word as they immerse themselves in the delightful experience of grabbing a bite.
So if your kid is tormenting you over eating broccoli then here is a way to trick them into something good! The cheesy broccoli rice is lovely and we are sure they will not be able to object after the first bite.
As the name suggests, it is definitely so easy to make rice pilaf but that does not mean that the recipe compromises with taste. Well, we will not reveal much, you have to find out for yourself. So shall we then?
Quick and easy, this idea for seasoned rice is delicious and we are sure you are going to love this dish. Sprinkled with herbs, make a lot because if there is anything we can confirm it is the inevitable culmination of the rice within a couple of minutes.
We were never missing out on the creamy parmesan rice! It has got it all! From sheer comfort to the warmth, the recipe is outstanding and the best part is it is so easy to make.
Make your rice a little more interesting with some red pepper and lemon in it! Flavorful and healthy, this is perfect to make your summer afternoons relaxing and wholesome! You can enjoy it simply alone or with a side dish to go with.
12. Fried rice
A bowl of fried rice is an all-time classic with some chopped veggies and scrambled eggs added to the same. Tossed with herbs and chopped garlic, the roasted garlicky essence is simply mind-blowing. So what are you waiting for?
If you just have twenty minutes to spare then the Longhorn steakhouse rice pilaf is delectable and tossed with veggies, avocado, and parsley. If you are having a couple of guests over and wish to impress them with your culinary skills then do give a try to this one!
Cooked with chicken broth to enhance its taste, the recipe of butter-baked rice is amazing and you should try it out for sure. Sumptuous and refreshing, perfect to call a meal.
The idea of herbed lemon rice is right here to sway you over the chair! We are not exaggerating! It is super easy and packed with flavors so divine. The zesty flavor of lime is another wonderful treat for the taste buds.
16. Asian rice pilaf
Indulge in the authentic Asian rice pilaf with the recipe that we have right here! Sprinkled with herbs and seasoning, the recipe is outstanding and you should give it a try! If you are celebrating something traditional, this recipe is just perfect.
The lovely homemade fried rice is perfect to lift your mood after a tiring day! It does the same for everyone. So if your partner had a weary day and has become too grumpy, cheer them up with a bowl of steaming fried rice.
There is no way anyone will be able to guess whether the dish is actually bought from a restaurant or you have made it at home! No, we are not joking! Surprise your family with this wonderful treat for a meal.
19. Zesty ranch rice
If the summers have been too much up to this point and you have had enough then here is the zesty ranch rice which will surely change your mood. This is a brilliant way to lift your spirits and feel relaxed too!
This is an all-time classic we have to admit! So if you haven't tried herbed garlic butter rice ever then all we can say are two things! You are missing out on something divine and go make it today.
1. Is it good to eat white rice everyday?
The glycemic index of white rice is higher so you can avoid having white rice everyday. However, you can have it on alternate days and include brown rice in your meal too! This helps patients with fragile hearts and diabetes type 2.
2. What does white rice do to your body?
It shall be noted that white rice is rich in starch and hence if you are in the mood for a boost of energy then white rice is most effective.
3. What can I eat with white rice?
You can literally eat anything you want with white rice! From simple pulses and beans to chicken and bacon curry, the options are simply endless. Rice pairs well with every other dish.
4. Which is better white rice or brown rice?
Both of them have different benefits depending on what is good for you! Speak to your dietician to determine which is the one that is ideal for your body.
5. Are there any side effects to white rice?
The glycemic index of white rice is slightly higher which can interfere with the high blood sugar level. But if you are conscious about your meal and eating just the right quantity then there is no need for you to worry.
6. Is rice good for your skin?
To be honest, rice is indeed quite beneficial to the skin, you will be surprised to know. It helps to reduce Uv damage and deal with wrinkles and early aging.
Bottom Line- So that is all for today! We leave you with that so you can go ahead and indulge in some rice recipes. So plan your lunch quickly and get started with the preps!