Sweet potatoes are luxurious and tempting underground roots which we categorize as veggies! Sweet potato pies are so sumptuous when you make them in the right way! Tender and succulent, kids to adults, everyone is in love with them! And since you are here reading this article, we are assuming you love them too!
Here are some fun facts about sweet potato pie recipes that will surely surprise you! Let's find out, shall we?
1. You will be surprised to know that sweet potatoes are neither a yam nor a potato, they are underground roots in fact like we stated.
2. The sweet potatoes with pale yellow or white flesh are less sweet and succulent than the pinkish versions.
3. During the Spanish colonial period, sweet potatoes were introduced in the Philippines around 1521! You have to agree that they are quite old and ancient indeed.
4. If you are wondering whether raw sweet potatoes are healthy to consume then let us tell you that they are rich in complex carbohydrates, dietary fiber, and beta-carotene (a provitamin A carotenoid). When cooked, they also become enriched with vitamin C.
5. If you have a sweet potato plant in the garden and are wondering if only the roots are edible, then we have an interesting fact to share! The leaves are also edible and can be cooked with spinach or so!
6. The African-American slaves brought the dish of sweet potato pies to America! It is a traditional African dish from their authentic cuisine.
7. Around the 18th-century sweet potato pies were introduced in cookbooks and by the 19th century everyone classified it as a popular dessert in town.
Sweet potato pies are easier to make than pumpkin pies as mostly you will not have much artificial sweetening agent in the recipe! Sweet potatoes have a distinct sweetness that makes them stand out among all the rest. It contains Vitamin A, Vitamin C, manganese, fiber, fat, carbs, calcium, iron, and much more. So you do not have to worry about the essential nutrients in them, they have got it all. So eating sweet potatoes make your gut healthy and you will be delighted to know that they have cancer-resistant property too and helps to improve vision. If you wish to make your brain function more efficiently, the immune system stronger, and manage diabetes, indulge in sweet potato pies.
After much discussion, we guess it is essential to find out what makes sweet potato pies so special! Here is an answer to your question, so read on!
- Easy and make-ahead recipe- you do not have to bother to rush to the kitchen right away before brunch to handle the sweet potato pie! You can make them beforehand and refrigerator to enjoy later with your entire family gathered around the table during the holiday brunches.
- A few simple ingredients are all that you need- you can make sweet potato pies with the basic ingredients from the kitchen! There is no need for you to indulge in something elaborate or rush to the stores in fact!
- If you prefer mild and simple flavors then they are the best- the buttery flaky crust and the sweetness of the tender filling of sweet potatoes is what impact the taste of the pie! You do not need to add some special warm spices as you would do for pumpkin pies. So if you don't prefer spices in your pie then this one's best for you.
- They are easy to bake- sweet potato pies are delicious and they taste the best when they are baked. This imparts a tender texture and gooey essence to the filling and the crumbly crust.
1. Sweet potatoes- of course, how can you make sweet potato pies without sweet potatoes?
2. Butter- to add a sense of softness to the pie! Melt them beforehand so they are easy to mix.
3. Sugar- mostly graduated or brown sugar is used for making sweet potato pies.
4. Vanilla extract- acts as a flavoring agent.
5. Eggs and milk- which are essential ingredients for preparing pies.
6. Unbaked pie crust- homemade pie crust is the best for these recipes! There is no need for you to pre-bake them.
Enjoy the summers by diving deep into the flavorful and crumbly sweet potato pie best for Thanksgiving events.
Gooey and rich, the southern sweet potato pies are exactly what you were looking for during the fall season!
The crumbly crust and the soft touch of filling make it a great deal of comfort for the sweet-lovers!
Do give it a try for sure.
Topped with a cheese cream dollop, the sweet potato pie is the best idea!
Since it is both loaded with flavors and nourishment, you will surely thank us later for this idea!
Enriched with the sweetness and color imparted by brown sugar, this is a must-have.
Delicious and gooey, if you haven't yet tried making sweet potato pies yet then this recipe is meant for beginners!
Flooded with rich topping, don't forget to make this one.
The overly sweet and detectable sweet potato pies are enhanced in taste with the presence of condensed milk in this recipe!
If you truly wish to experience its true wonders then you have to give this one a try!
If the top looks too pale and empty then we have the best way to make them look gorgeous!
Here is a recipe that you can follow to add some crispy nuts like almonds and others to the pie.
You have to thank us later for this fantastic idea on the list!
Try it out for yourself and find out as the double-layer potato pies simply melt in your mouth.
Topped with rich frosting, you are good to go!
Here is a classic homemade recipe with nutmeg and the gorgeous essence of cinnamon!
This recipe is super easy and tempting at the same time. With a hint of orange, your dish is ready in a jiffy!
No one will be able to wait for desserts after dinner.
Don't be surprised if everyone rushes through dinner only to relish the desserts at the end!
Well, what else can you expect with the sweet potato pie waiting for everyone at the table?
Elderlies knew the best trips to make the perfect pies in the world! If you wish to learn their secrets too then you have to give this recipe a try!
The kids will be delighted to find this wonderful dessert being made!
Here is an all-time classic recipe for you! Emulate it this season to celebrate the arrival of Thanksgiving!
Sweet and savory in every bite, this is a wonderful recipe that you can make as a beginner too!
You can make sweet potato pies from scratch with this gorgeous recipe that we have here! Flavored with brown butter, it is simply irresistible!
So what are you waiting for, the classic pie recipe is right here to your delight.
The combination of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves gives an astonishing flavor to the bourbon sweet potato pies!
The crumbly crust is simply addictive and astonishing in every bite!
Try it out for yourself.
The delicious and creamy sweet potato pie bars are right here to sway you off your feet!
This is a perfect fall treat that you can make for everyone in the house and they will be totally surprised by it in the holidays!
If you are trying out sweet potato pies for the first time in the house then this recipe will be your best pal!
Directing you to make it from scratch, is certainly a wonderful way to experience the bliss of the fall season.
Fresh and flavored with warm spices, the Southern sweet potato pies are detectable and you should give them a try!
Enriched with the goodness of sweet potatoes and seasonal spices, you will surely find this dish mind-blowing.
There is certainly more to sweet potato pies than just sweet potatoes!
We have the gorgeous recipe here which tops the pie with pecan and makes it such an exotic treat!
So don't waste a minute more and make it today!
The exotic sweet potato pies are all that you need for the season! Flavored with creamy toppings and crumbly crust, this is an extraordinary idea for you to ravish as a part of after-dinner indulgence.
So make it today and enjoy!
Do not worry if you are making sweet potato pies for the first time! These are simply so good and easy for you to follow.
All it takes is some time and patience to enjoy a great treat for the holidays.
Southern-style sweet potato pies are right here to sway you off your feet!
The divine flavors and the gorgeous essence of the dish renders it a sense of comfort.
So put on your chef's hat and get started.
Rich and comforting, the homemade sweet potato pies are perfect if you are looking for something savory and sweet at the same time!
Flavored with warm spices, enjoy the pies fresh and crumbly after the meal!
Desserts are sorted with a pie on the table.
Here is another gorgeous recipe that we are sure you will be delighted to relish!
The classic sweet potato pies are a source of comfort and contentment for adults as well as kids.
So if you want to experience its taste, try out this dish!
The sight of the sweet potato pecan pies will literally bring water to your mouth!
If you are a fan of seasonal sweet dishes then you have to give this one a try!
The ones who are looking for the best sweet potato pies with a modern twist must try out this Brulee bourbon sweet potato pie recipe.
The crispy sweet topping and the crumble base complement each other well. Shall we make it then?
The mini sweet potato pies made with cane syrup, cinnamon, and nutmeg are simply delicious as a Thanksgiving dessert after brunch!
These are bite-sized sweet dishes and so you can eat more than one if you wish. Dig in!
We have another exotic sweet potato pie recipe ready for you right here!
Indulge in the warm flavors of nutmeg and cinnamon which tastes so divine indeed.
Topped with whipped cream and the essence of cinnamon, this is a wonderful idea!
Here comes the delectable sweet potato pie recipe that you will surely find easy to follow as a beginner!
So if you are hosting a Thanksgiving party at home, make your own desserts with the recipe right here!
The pecan crust is simply outstanding.
The bite-sized appetizer, the classic Barbadian sweet potato pies are distinguished from the rest!
The topping of cherry and pineapple renders it with astonishing beauty!
Everyone will be tempted and drawn towards the dessert table.
If you like cheesecake or sweet potato pies then you should try out this recipe which combines both!
Delectable and smooth, you are about to experience something truly divine and enriching in every bite! Shall we try it then?
1. What are sweet potato pies made of?
The basic ingredients to make sweet potato pies include milk, butter, sugar, sweet potatoes, and eggs. They are perfect desserts for the occasion of Thanksgiving.
2. What causes a sweet potato pie to crack?
If you over-bake a sweet potato pie then there are chances that it might crack. You should insert a toothpick to check whether it is ready or not! If you see that the toothpick comes out clean then the pie is ready.
3. How to thicken sweet potato pies?
You may add a tablespoon of flour in case you observe the dough to be too runny.
4. How long does it take for a sweet potato pie to get ready?
If you preheat the oven to 425°F then it will take you about fifty to sixty minutes to bake the sweet potato pie properly.
Bottom Line- Sweet potato pies are the best when you are in the mood to indulge in autumnal glory. Whether you have a gathering at home or not, make the sweet potato pie, a source of self-indulgence. So let's get started and bake them during this holiday season.