Although it might seem pretty simple, some obvious steps make a perfect cake! It is these steps that distinguish a good baker from a non-baker! Whether you are making a cake for occasions like Easter, Thanksgiving, Halloween, or a birthday event, one thing remains constant. You have to follow some basic steps so the cake turns out to be the exact texture you desire. Today we will share with you some exotic spooky spider cakes! But before that let us find out the essential hacks that you need to keep in mind.
1. First begin with collecting all the ingredients and ensuring the proper temperature-
No matter whether you are baking a cake or any other sweet dish, the first thing that you need to ensure is to collect all the ingredients and gather them on the table. For instance, when we talk about eggs and butter, there is another thing that you need to keep in mind. Both need to be present at room temperature for effective baking. This concept of temperature applies to other ingredients as well. If the butter is hard then blending smoothly is not possible and eggs help the cake dough to rise effectively when present at room temperature!
2. It is obvious, but you should read the recipes well- now you might think that it is quite silly of us to mention this! However, there are times when we alter the recipe and the cake turns out to be a disaster! You must read the steps several times and follow the instructions as provided. Altering the ingredients can result in something different than you expect.
3. Preheating the oven before you start baking- if you think preheating is just an extra step that you can avoid then let us tell you that you are completely wrong. Preheating sets the internal temperature of the oven right so that the dough can bake at the given temperature. On the other hand, in an oven that is not preheated, the dough will encounter the transition and rise in temperature which may lead to a hard and toughened cake that fails to rise. Make sure while placing, the cake is kept on the middle rack so that the heat is evenly distributed on all sides. This prevents both burning as well as under baking.
4. Both over-mixing and under-mixing can be harmful to the cake batter-
In the case of baking, it is not right for you to over-mix or under-mix. No one desires to have a lumpy crust or even a runny one. That is exactly what you will end up with in case the mixture is not created evenly. Mixing all the ingredients is essential but only up to the point where the batter is smooth, don't go beyond that!
5. Do not open the oven door while the cake is still baking- the first thing that we would like to suggest is that you should keep faith in the process! Sometimes, you open the oven door to check whether the cake is ready or not! This results in a gush of air that enters the oven and this might make the cake drop. Allow the entire baking process to get over.
6. Test with a toothpick for doneness- there is a very confirmatory test to determine whether your cake is ready or not! After baking, insert the toothpick into the cake and if it comes out clean then the process of baking is done!
Allow the cake to cool down completely before you begin to adorn it with icing and so on! On a hot cake, if you try to apply the frosting, it might melt which you can avoid by just letting the cake sit on the table at room temperature and then place inside the refrigerator.
1. Measuring cups and spoons- all the ingredients must be added in the right amount or the cake might not rise or the texture may be tough. You should have a collection of measuring tools like spoons and cups to ensure that the dry ingredients as well as the wet ones are added in the right amount.
2. Mixing bowls- a small collection of mixing bowls is required so you do not have to go hunting for utensils in the kitchen as you plan to bake.
3. The round cake pans- ideally a nine inches diameter cake baking pan is required to make your cake! You can even choose to have small ones if you wish. These allow to give different shapes to the cakes and bake the crust tender and crumbly at the same time.
1. Baking at the wrong temperature can be detrimental to the cake- the most common mistake as we mentioned is to skip the preheating step! Temperature differences can affect the crust of the cake and turn it to become crispy or burnt. So be careful with the temperature of your oven.
2. Not maintaining accuracy with the number of ingredients you use- always use measuring tools to maintain the quantity intact as you add these ingredients to the cake mixture. Even the slightest difference in the amount can affect the consistency of the desserts! Always follow the numbers and maintain them in your recipe as well.
3. The ingredients are not added at the right temperature- never mix cold ingredients with hot ones. All the items, small to big should be available at room temperature before you begin to work on the batter or the dough. Cold ingredients can create lumps in the mixture or the cake might fail to rise! Remember that you are putting much effort into your cake and you simply do not wish to destroy it with your carelessness.
4. Not adding the yeast properly - after making the dough, you can wait for two hours but still if you observe that the dough has not doubled its size then something must be wrong with it. You must check the expiration date of the yeast before you add it to the mixture. The yeast also needs to be activated as well. This means that you are expected to boil a little water, and milk! Add a pinch of sugar and yeast into the solution to activate the yeast first then add to the cake mix.
Here are some fantastic Halloween spooky spider cake recipes that we are sure you will love!
Spooky Spider Cakes Recipes: DIY Ideas for a Frighteningly Delicious Treat
There is nothing as tempting as the flavor of red velvet! You can try out this recipe for the giant spider cake with black chocolate buttercream frosting!
Cut a slice into it and enjoy it to your heart's content.
Elegant and charming, the pink spider cake is a combination of spooky and beautiful at the same time!
If you are celebrating the occasion with a grand party then make sure you prepare this one.
Shall we begin?
The exclusive Oreo spider cake is right here to make your Halloween season even more joyous and feisty!
Ready with just minimal effort, holidays are all about engaging in creativity!
Since everyone loves Oreos, no wonder the cake will not take time to get over.
This is a classic spider cake that you can bake during the holidays!
Customized for seasonal celebrations, the spider cake is lovely and the vanilla flavor will make you drool.
Topped with chocolate icing, the cake is ready to adorn the table.
Halloween spider web cake is the most delicious and easiest cake that you will come across!
Packed with icing and gooey crust, make it as if you are having guests over for a gathering this weekend. Shall we get started?
Indeed, you are up for a surprise with this brilliant cake idea where the spiders flow out of the cake once you give it a cut!
The vanilla-rich crust and the oozing spider candies are simply the best and taste out of the world.
The Halloween spider cake is the most amazing option when you are hosting a fancy costume party for Halloween!
The dessert should be equally suited to the theme of the occasion, isn't it? Well, you know which one to prepare now.
The spider web cake is extraordinary and the gorgeous chocolate flavor brings a sense of ultimate satisfaction to the taste buds at the end of the meal!
Everyone will eagerly wait for the desserts to be served once they learn about the chocolate sheet cake on the menu.
This spider cake recipe that we have for you here is simply extraordinary with the luxurious black velvet cream on top.
The spider chocolate candies are left all over the cake to give a sense of originality.
Here you shall see the massive spider perched on top of the cake. You never know when it shall start moving!
Jokes apart, you should try out this delightful treat during the Halloween holidays.
Halloween is all about the thrill and the macabre! So why not indulge in this horrifying and deadly spider cake with a giant spider with red eyes?
The cake is further adorned with marshmallow webs all over the crust and tastes so good!
If you like marshmallows and chocolates then this is the best you can think of.
Halloween is all about the gorgeous decorations and the sweet treats! Here we can see the spiders all over the surface of the vanilla crust!
It indeed gives a creepy aura to the house! But isn't that exactly what you wish to acquire for the holidays?
Then what are you waiting for?
Once you cut into the cake, do you know what you shall encounter? It is rather a nest of spider eggs and all the colorful balls will flow out!
It is up to you to decide whether this is a surprise or a shock for you!
Get ready for the tasty treat this season!
The purple Halloween spider cake looks so fascinating we must say!
If you wish to maintain the elegance of the cake intact and yet bring a charm of Halloween then this purple spider cake is what you need for the party.
For the ones in the mood for a mystic and magical charm, here is a cake that will set the mood of the occasion right!
If you are gathering with your family and friends for a celebration then it calls for a cake like black velvet cobweb.
Halloween cakes with spiders and scary ghosts know no end and here is an exotic recipe with the giant black widow sitting on top of the cake.
We are sure you will love this one.
Here comes the wonderful Halloween tricolor spider cake to make your holidays even more joyous and vibrant!
The cake with rich vanilla and chocolate icing, topped with spider candies is simply so gorgeous we must admit to you!
How lovely it is to look at! You will surely agree with us that a Halloween party and celebration are incomplete without the presence of a giant cake!
And hence we have brought you the exclusive purple buttercream-rich spider cake.
This entire cake is composed of buttercream, can you imagine?
Well, a giant and adorable spider shall wait for you at the party, so quickly get him ready for the occasion!
See how delighted it shall be to encounter the guests walking into the room.
You have to indulge in the gorgeous flavors of the Halloween pink glam cake!
It is the charming look of the cake which steals the show even before you grab a bite and experience the divine taste of strawberry frosting.
1. What are the few things that you need to keep in mind while making a cake?
There are certain aspects like reading the recipe carefully, or not over-mixing the ingredients that you need to keep in mind while baking! Note the temperature as well as not frequently opening the door to the oven are some basic measures to ideal baking.
2. What should you know when baking for the first time?
Start with a simple recipe so you do not create a mess! Note the preheating process and temperature of the oven before you proceed with baking. If you follow a reliable recipe then nothing can go wrong!
3. What are the measures about ingredients and tools to take in baking?
You should always measure the precise amount of ingredients with a measuring cup or spoon before adding them to the mixture or batter. A slight change in composition can even ruin the texture of the cake.
4. What is the significance of a spider sitting on the cake?
The significance of the spider on a cake on Halloween denotes our Dead one watching us from heaven.
5. What is the significance of having spiders around Halloween celebrations?
Spider denotes a new beginning and a fresh start! It is regarded as a sign of luck.
Bottom Line- So without any more delay, let us begin with the preparation for Halloween as you bake the spider cakes.