We all love shrimp, don't we? As curry or sauteed, snacks or main course, shrimp is seafood that goes with all! We have these amazing sheet pan shrimp recipes waiting for you right here! Are you making shrimp for the first time? Well, then you can certainly help yourself with these cooking methods that are super simple and quick to make a meal! Making shrimp requires some cooking technique and if you wish to perfect the art then read on!
General tips- if you are looking for a low-calorie dish that is full of flavors then the shrimp recipes are the best for you to indulge in! These have a soft texture and take less than even thirty minutes to get cooked right from the frozen state. Rich in nutrients, you can make them with pasta or tacos, rice or noodles and it is a complete meal! You shall be surprised to know that shrimp are used in cocktails as well! Now let us learn more about how to make shrimp!
Useful tip- Marinating the shrimp is a great idea to enhance the taste of the recipes. We recommend you soak the shrimp in a mixture of garlic, honey, ginger, and soy sauce for just fifteen minutes to tenderize the flesh and make it even juicier. However, do not exceed the time of fifteen minutes as shrimp flesh is naturally tender and will become too soggy otherwise.
What are some of how one can prepare shrimp?
Depending on the cuisine and style of cooking, it depends on the way you wish to make shrimp, whether sauteed or deep fried, and so on. Based on the general equipment we have and the different recipes, shrimp are cooked the following way-
1. Frying and saute- frying is the easiest and quickest method to prepare shrimp! If you are frying them, then get a skillet or sheet pan and place it on medium flame. Once the oil in the pan is hot, you can place the shrimps which are pre-marinated. Fry for two to three minutes before the shrimp curls up with a pinkish hue. Now you know the dish is done.
2. Baking the shrimps- so baking is another method to cook shrimp and if there are veggies or another sort of meat in the dish then make sure you bake them first and at the last stage about a couple of minutes before the dish is done, you add shrimp to the platter to bake it as well. You can bake shrimp at 400°F for eight to ten minutes and that is enough to curl up the shrimp and give them a pinkish hue! This is more or less the ideal temperature and time that you can use for baking shrimp.
3. Deep frying the shrimps- shrimps are not commonly deep fried and the technique is not as common as the other two methods! However, if you are in a restaurant then you can easily order deep-fried or golden-fried prawns and they taste absolutely delicious. You can even try it at home by marinating that shrimp with bread crumbs and other ingredients according to the needs of the recipe and then frying it for two to three minutes at 375°F.
4. Boiling the shrimp- when you are making salads, shrimp is boiled and added to it! This is the easiest method of cooking shrimp! Boil the shrimp and then add it to the bowl of veggies or salad at the end and then stir to marinate it with cream and other spices. Stir and cook for 7-10 minutes and you are good to go! This method can be applied to both frozen and thawed shrimp and gives an amazing flavor to the dish.
5. Barbeque or grilling- barbeque or grilling is the basic technique where you oil the shrimp with a brush and then apply seasoning and grill for two to three minutes to acquire the pinkish hue.
Now let us learn about some of the sheet pan shrimp recipes to try out this season!
1. Honey butter garlic shrimp and broccoli
You are guaranteed to recommend this recipe to everyone as you take a bite of the shrimp marinated in butter, ginger, garlic, and pepper! The combined flavor of honey and soy sauce makes the shrimp so juicy indeed. There are red pepper flakes to enhance the spicy hint.
The creamy shrimp marinated with mayonnaise, hot sauce, and lemon juice, served with scallions and celery stalk inside the brioche buns renders this dish with an extraordinary taste! Perfect healthy meal during brunch this Sunday afternoon! So shall we?
We are delighted to come across this recipe which just gets done with only five basic ingredients! Juicy and flooded with the flavors of pineapple and coconut cream, what a magnificent shrimp sheet pan recipe it is! And don't forget to add some sriracha sauce.
The contrasting taste of garlic and pineapple in this recipe for teriyaki shrimp is simply extraordinary! A hint of pineapple juice with soy sauce renders this dish with a wonderful taste that you shall find so hard to resist.
The flavourful presence of garlic tossed with butter white wine sauce is so tempting that you barely be able to resist after the first bite! Great to carry as lunch to the office, it is low on carbs and cooked within twenty minutes. The subtle taste of parsley renders the dish with an outstanding flavor.
We have come up with a completely gluten-free recipe that combines the goodness of lime and cilantro! This healthy side dish is prepared with zucchini and corn as well.
Prepared with minimal ingredients, the hoisin shrimp is delicious with soy sauce and hoisin sauce marinating the shrimp! Toss it in rice wine vinegar and serve it hot to your family.
Using lemon and wedges we have created the authentic dish of Maui Wowie shrimp flavored with delicious mayonnaise and cayenne sugar. What a fantastic recipe if you are looking for something wonderful for the season. Sprinkled with pepper, the dish is so tempting for everyone around the table.
We have made use of freshly brought lettuce to make the taco cups with the sweet and sour flavor of mango and avocado salsa! There is paprika and ancho chili powder to give a sense of spices to the recipe.
Made with shrimp, sriracha, and veggies, the spicy ramen is the best meal for all ramen lovers out there. Cilantro, lime, and sweet pepper do their magic along with the healthy presence of cabbage and carrots.
The red lobster recipe for scampi and cream is fascinating! The smooth white gravy flavored with the presence of parsley, garlic, and lemon renders this one with a divine taste. So what are you waiting for?
Made with garlic, shallot, and tomato sauce, you will not be able to resist indulging in the gravy of the fallout Singapore chili prawn! There is lime, sweet chili sauce, and palm sugar in this recipe as well. Cooked in peanut oil, this is absolutely healthy!
The quick pan-fried shrimp served over noodles makes a complete meal for the day. The slight lemon and garlicky essence of the recipe with buttery smoothness will make your taste buds highly satisfied at every bite.
The combination of dill grill and garlic cloves ends up creating this dish which is absolutely amazing! The dish is presented with lemon juice and a dash of pepper as garnishing. Cooked in olive oil, you can serve this as a light appetizer.
All you need are just five basic ingredients to create this coconut rum grilled shrimp which is extremely yummy and full of creamy flavors of coconut milk and spiced rum! Tonight's dinner is going to be a fantastic delight!
Light and perfect to enjoy for an appetizer, the shrimp and gnocchi with cream sauce are delicious and served with chicken broth, butter, and parmesan! The combination of basil, thyme, and parsley is simply mind-blowing!
Spiked with paprika, cream sauce and parmesan, the spicy cream shrimp pasta is wholesome and perfect for serving the guests. The spaghetti tossed with garlic and thyme gives a distinguished taste indeed. So do not wait anymore and try this dish right away!
We have brought this variety of Cajun shrimp right from New Orleans! Here is a gluten-free recipe that is delicious and packed with the flavors of cayenne pepper, oregano, and loads of garlic. What a magnificent dish to savor this holiday season!
Tossed and stir-fried with asparagus stalks, the appetizer is amazing to enjoy with a refreshing glass of cocktails. The subtle flavor of the lemon sauce is marvelous and guess what? It is completely gluten-free so dig in guilt-free!
This recipe with homemade cocktail sauce is outstanding and basil and Horseradish are! There is ketchup and red pepper to balance the taste of sweet, sour, and spicy all in this herbed roasted shrimp! Are you ready to try it out then?
Here you will come across the juiciest shrimp fettuccine alfredo which is loaded with cream, cajun seasoning, and blackened shrimp! The combination of white wine and chicken broth renders the dish with extraordinary taste and outstanding beauty that everyone's attention will be focused on this bowl during dinnertime.
The rich creamy shrimp enchiladas with cilantro and lemon zest create simple wonders in your mouth! There is garlic, herbs, and salsa verde to enhance the flavors of the dish even more. Do not forget to add Monterey Jack cheese.
Ready in just twenty minutes, the chimichurri shrimp with shallot, parsley, and cilantro give this a unique flavor! Light and easy to make, this can be a quick snack when you have unexpected guests at home. Sprinkle oregano during garnishing!
Prepared with caramelized butter and garlic, this recipe is a local delight of Hawaii and a must-have! There are lemon and parsley as taste-enhancing agents in the recipe.
A complete gluten-free recipe with the perfection of grilled shrimp and lime is truly amazing! We have made use of pepper, jalapeno, and cilantro to enhance the taste of the recipe even more. You should give this recipe a try right away!
The crispy fried shrimp with coconut essence is delightful and flavored with sweet chili sauce dipping. We have made use of panko bread crumbs to give a sense of crispiness to the recipe. So what are you waiting for?
The flavourful combination of bay leaf, garlic, and parsley ends up creating this dish of Spanish shrimp with the absolute perfection of flavor. There is garlic and almonds for escalating the taste of the dish even more. So shall we try it then?
Here is another shrimp recipe that you will find truly savory and irresistible in every bite! Made with spices so rich and flavourful that you will crave this dish more and more after every mouthful!
The perfect combination of spice and garlicky essence in this recipe renders this dish to be the favorite among spice lovers! There is also habanero pepper, cilantro, and Worcestershire sauce for flavoring. Sprinkled with oregano and tossed with butter, what a great dish indeed!
Made in just fifteen minutes with just five simple ingredients, this dish is absolutely amazeballs! We just have garlic cloves, ginger, honey, and soy sauce for flavoring this recipe! And that is all you need for a tasty treat!
How long does it ideally take to cook shrimp?
Depending on the size of the shrimp, the cooking time can slightly vary! You have to saute the shrimp for three to four minutes if it is medium in size. While this can take seven to eight minutes to cook when you are using the oven.
You should cook shrimp properly so that the best flavors are expressed well! However, make sure not to cook too much as it turns the texture to rubbery and chewy, deteriorating the taste completely!
Some tips for cooking shrimp-
- If you are using frozen shrimp then you have to thaw them before you start cooking instead of directly adding them to the sheet pan.
- You can either do so by placing them under running water or thawing them overnight in the refrigerator.
- Depending on the type of recipe that you are cooking, the size of the shrimp will vary to bring out the best flavor. While some prefer it with a shell many recipes ask you to peel them off!
Bottom line- now that you are equipped with loads of sheet pan shrimp recipes, well, decide which one to prepare for tonight's dinner.