If you have bought round steak before then you will be aware that it is cut from the rear leg of a cow and the meat is quite lean and tough! Hence there are ways adapted to make the round steak juicy! Since it is a cheaper cut, you can afford it at any time of the month and even serve the guests! Here are some ways in which you can cook the meat properly! However before you cook them, follow these easy-peasy steps to make the meat tender and juicy! If you are handling round steak for the first time then we can guarantee that this article will be very resourceful! Let's begin!
1. Braising the round steak-
- Use a pan to sear the steak- you need a pan on high heat! Pour some oil into the pan and allow the oil to sizzle! The steak is then placed on it for a couple of minutes until a crust is formed and the steak is allowed to sizzle. At this point, you are not cooking the steak but giving it a light crust and a brownish hint.
- Then you must deglaze the pan- pour some beef broth, red wine, or simply water to deglaze the pan! The liquid should be enough to cover the bottom of the pan! You can combine all three to give a complexity of taste. At this point, the beef steak has been removed and only the empty pan is being deglazed with a fluid.
- Now bring back the steak- once bubbles seem to rise in the pan, you can place the steak back into the pan and pour more liquid such that now half of the pan is filled. Once the liquid starts to boil, ideally at a temperature of 350°F, you can cover the pan and allow the steak to cook for about two hours in this state. After the first hour, you should lift the cover to check and then observe every thirty minutes. Depending on the thickness and quality of the meat the time duration can vary slightly.
- Begin by covering a flat surface with parchment paper- take a flat wooden board and cover it with parchment which is greater in dimension than the meat steak! This is done so that the steak while being tenderized does not stick to the wooden board and is easy to remove! Place the meat and cover it up with another layer of parchment paper on top.
- Now pound the flesh with a meat mallet- to break the fibers in the flesh, you shall need a meat mallet to pound the covered meat steak! Keeping pounding and tapping all over the surface of the meat so that the force is evenly distributed. However, do not beat it too much such that the moisture of the meat is released. Pound until slightly flat and then remove the paper carefully!
- Now it is time for cooking- since the round steak has been beaten, it should not take more than a couple of minutes on high flame to cook on its pan! Remember to toss and turn it so the cooking is even.
- Sprinkle salt on the surface of the meat- use coarse salt like Kosher salt to sprinkle on the surface of the meat such that the granules cover every part of the meat! Press down gently with the back of a spoon and then flip the side to do the same on the other half of the meat!
- Place it in the refrigerator- allow the meat to sit in the refrigerator for about one hour every inch! For instance, if the meat is one and a half inches then allow the steak to stay inside the refrigerator for about one and a half hours!
- Place it in the skillet and cook- once brought off the refrigerator, wash away the salt and cook on the skillet! Enjoy hot and fresh!
- Make the marinade in a grinder or a small bowl- use oil as the base of the marinade and add vinegar as an acidic agent! You can even use lime juice if you want! This helps to break the fibers of the meat! Now you can add the spices, blend them well and pour on the steak! Allow the steak to rest in the bowl of marinade for about two hours in the refrigerator. Bring it out and then cook it in the skillet.
Let us find out about some round steak recipes now!
Delicious Round Steak Recipes - Simple and Quick Ideas
The succulent and juicy meat is served over mashed potatoes infused with herbs!
Served with gravy, this is a brilliant recipe that you should give a try!
Flooded with luxurious spices, you can make it during celebrations.
The smooth and juicy steak is often served over mashed potatoes or allowed to consume with bread and gravy on the sides!
Drizzled with mushroom gravy, this old-fashioned round steak recipe is the best. So do give it a try!
The scrumptious cubed meats are tossed in a sauce curated with smooth butter and garlic!
If you are looking for a recipe to emulate this season, then there is nothing better than this one right here.
So what are you waiting for?
Cooked with mushrooms, bay leaves, and diced onions, the traditional round steak recipe is ideal for gatherings or even if you wish to enjoy a cozy dinner with just your partner by your side.
The steak recipe is totally worth the effort!
Delectable and juicy, the Swiss steak recipe is simply outstanding and you should give it a try!
Tossed with twangy tomato bits, the steak will steal the show anytime it is displayed on the table.
Make it this weekend.
Enjoy the sauteed beef steak with spring onion and chopped garlic served over a bowl of rice!
Ideal for making your weekday brunch even more wholesome and yummy.
All you need to spare are thirty minutes and that's all to experience its divine taste.
If you are in the mood for something luxurious then make your dinner special with Steak Diane's casserole recipe!
There is nothing better than ending your day on such a scrumptious note. Shall we then?
If you like spicy food then we will provide you with something spicy indeed!
The recipe for pepper steak is simply outstanding and you must give it a try!
Loaded with veggies and awesome in taste, are you ready to give it a try?
We probably could not come up with anything so healthy as this one and hence we brought you this recipe!
If you are fond of zesty lemon essence in your meat then this is the ideal choice for you.
Tossed in butter and served with broccoli, we highly recommend this one.
The luxurious and yummy round steak beef and noodles are the best things that you can make for dinner.
Even if you have guests coming over, there is a way for you to keep the meal within budget and yet not compromise the quality.
Marinated in an enriching gravy, the thinly sliced beef round steak is right here to sway you off the chair.
In fact, the sight of the dish will make you drool.
Here comes the most extraordinary recipe of all time!
If you are in the mood to enjoy the countryside essence while staying within the comfort of the house then you should give this option a try.
13. Steak Alfredo
Have you tried steak alfredo yet? If you haven't then let us tell you that you are missing out on something truly wonderful!
The creamy garlicky parmesan pasta with steak is simply lovely and you should make it this season.
It is really very easy to make Mongolian ramen with beef! There is no way a true fan of ramen can resist themselves indulging in this extraordinary dish.
Such an excellent idea that we must say!
So what are you waiting for? Indulge in its tangy and savory flavors.
If you are running out of time for dinner and still wish to make something succulent and rich, then the instant pot round steak is the quick fix to your problem.
You can try and make a round steak with rice for brunch in the afternoon!
This Sunday will turn into a special moment with your partner as you have rice, gravy, and round steak for lunch.
The scrumptious steak and mushroom gravy can be loaded into a sandwich so you can try out something new!
These are absolutely filling and prepared with much ease! Are you ready to indulge in its divine presence? Then make it quickly.
Why do you need to order subs and cheesesteaks when you can prepare them at home and they taste even better?
Tender and gooey, you must make more of these cheesy treats to keep everyone satisfied and happy with their meal.
The delectable and juicy steak with onions is grilled with cheese and loaded into the sandwiches!
Packed with enriching flavors, this is a brilliant choice of dish that you can make for snacks in the evening.
The smothered beef tip and rice recipe are perfect when the summer heat is torturing you!
Greet the afternoon with something healthy and filling as you prepare the beef and rice duo.
Since it hardly consumes much time, you can get it prepared without having to spend much time in the kitchen.
If you are craving meat then give a try to the round beef steak recipe that we have brought for you right here!
Pocket-friendly to make during the end of the month, you can still enjoy a luxurious meal!
So what are you waiting for?
Dinner is sorted with the German Beef Rouladen recipe right here. In fact, it is a treat to both the eyes and the taste buds.
If you have guests coming over, then there is nothing more useful than this recipe.
The skillet bourbon steak is exclusive and yet carries the aura of traditions!
If you are fond of beef and bourbon sauce then simply combine them in this recipe and observe the magic it casts upon your taste buds.
How can we ever miss out on the Cuban specialty? The Bistec De Palomilla is flooded with authentic spices which makes one drool at the sight of the dish!
Such is its impact. You don't have to trust our words! Try and find out on your own.
Can you believe it? All you need are just fifteen minutes to enjoy a sumptuous recipe like the Brazilian steak drizzled with butter and flavored with garlic.
26. Steak roll-up
Steak roll-up is rather a unique concept we must say!
Loaded with layers of greens and beef, this is a special form of meaty appetizer that hardly anybody can resist.
Take our word for it!
This is rather an old-fashioned recipe however it never loses its charm!
Flavored with cream of mushroom and parsley, there are not many words to describe its brilliance.
If you are fond of meat and pasta with cream, this is an excellent choice.
Light and warm, the crock pot round steak dinner is perfect if you are in the mood for something gooey and cozy!
Served with boiled veggies, the round steak is perfect for winter nights! Shall we try it then?
1. What are some of the steps to make your round steak tender?
Marinating the steak in seasoning, vinegar, and oil is effective to tenderize the meat! You should always cook on low flame for a long time to keep the steak juicy.
2. Why is your round steak tough?
Round steak can be tough since it is a piece cut from the rear leg of the cow! These are methods to tenderize the meat of course.
3. What is the best way to cook a round steak?
Round steak is ideal for braising or pan-frying! This brings out the best of flavors!
4. Does baking soda tenderize round steak?
Using baking soda in the marinade is effective in making the steak tender and juicy.
5. Is round steak cheaper?
Round steak is cheaper than any other cut and hence you can include it in your regular diet.
Bottom Line- Now that you know so many recipes with round steel, quickly bring out the meat from the refrigerator and get started. And if you find it tough and fibrous, then you know exactly what to do. So let's not waste a second and begin!