We all love to eat pork but at the same time, there is no denying the fact that pork meat can be hard most of the time! None of us enjoy meat that is too chewy and spongy! Well, then what can be done about it? Here are some amazing pork strips recipes which you will surely find fascinating as well as easy to make even as beginners! While we discuss that, let us also see if there are ways to tenderize the pork meat. So shall we start then?
1. You should make use of a meat mallet- This is to be noted that pork is tough because of the muscle fibers which remain intact if you have not properly chopped the pieces. A meat mallet also called a tenderizer is helpful to crash the meat and loosen the muscle fibers. This resembles a hammer and in case you do not have a meat mallet then you can simply go ahead and smash the meat with a fork, the end of the rolling pin, or a wooden small hammer. Remember the end goal is to break the muscle fibers so it does not matter if you have a meat mallet or something similar to that.
2. Make use of a tenderizing marinade- there are certain food agents which help one to tenderize the meat! The acidic quality of the substances works at the molecular level to break the bonds and destroy the strength of the meat muscles. These tenderizing agents and acids in the food items weaken the bonds in the muscle at the molecular level and make the meat soft! However, nothing too much is good! Excess acid can denature the protein and toughen the meat further and tenderizing agents can make the meat exceedingly soggy which is undesirable.
- Acids are mainly obtained from citrus juice, wine, and vinegar! Marinating the meat for some time in them helps to render them with a soft texture. Yogurt and buttermilk are other effective dairy agent which contains acid and is used to marinate meat.
- You shall be surprised to know that even pineapple and papaya are rich in acids and if you cook pork meat in it then it is likely that the meat pieces will be soft.
However, a high dose of any acid no matter if it is strong or weak is not good for the meat as it will turn the flesh to become mushy.
3. Brining the pork- bringing is a technique very similar to marinating! Here we soak the meat in salt water along with brown sugar, rosemary, and apple cider vinegar sometimes so that the meat becomes soft. However, you should not add too much salt as it can make the meat too salty while cooking and this will ruin the entire taste of the dish.
The time of bringing varies depending on the cut of pork! Approximately six to twelve hours is the ideal time.
4. Buy commercial meat tenderizers- powdered or liquid artificial tenderizers for meat are also available in the market. These powdered substances contain papain, an acid found in papaya! You can wet the surface of the meat and sprinkle a teaspoon of meat tenderizer. If it already contains salt, do not season it further with salt.
These are more or less the methods we use to tenderize meat before cooking, now let us see techniques to soften meat during preparation.
5. The pork is seared and baked- searing the pork meat at a high temperature on a pan and then immediately transferring it to the oven for baking gives a crisp outside and tender inside feel! While the surface tastes smoky and crunchy the center is juicy and succulent. Indirect heating line baking is essential to cook the flesh in the center and give it a tender texture. While the pan and sizzling heat are needed to cook the surface, you need to bake afterward for cooking the entire flesh.
Now let us learn about some common pork strips recipe that you can try out
1. Sweet and sour pork
We have cooked sweet and sour pork with tenderloin cuts served with scallions and eggs! Chopped spring onions and garlic is added to the recipe during garnishing and topped with sesame seed. Prepared in olive oil, the recipe is a healthy choice.
We have come up with pork strips cooked in a combination of ginger and garlic paste! Tossed with spices and sauces, you will surely find this recipe interesting and easy to try out as a beginner.
So are you looking for plans for today's brunch? Well, we have the assorted fried pork strips with rice which is both filling and healthy in the middle of the day! It is quickly done with spring onions and garlic for garnishing and flavors! So even while in a hurry, you can cook pork with rice in the morning.
Cooked with assisted veggies and spices, the Moo Shu Pork is loaded with cabbages and lettuce conferring you with the flavors of green. We have also added savory sauce, kale, and eggs to enhance the taste of the dish even more.
Prepared with serrano chiles, scallions, and English cucumber, here is a pork recipe that you are surely going to enjoy making. We also added some honey, soy sauce, and avocado to the recipe. Sprinkle sesame seeds for garnishing.
If you are craving something too creamy and saucy then here is the ideal recipe for you to check out! Flavored with tomato sauce and thick cream, the pork strips are so easy to make and yet so tasty.
Here is a meat bowl recipe with pork and greens that is tempting and healthy at the same time. Cooked with minimal ingredients, the dish is so easy to cook perfect for brunching.
The Chinese recipe with salt and pepper is so easy to create with pork meat and yet when you grab a mouthful, the burst of myriad flavors in the mouth will leave you completely smitten.
Let us help you to make pork guisantes which are cooked with tomatoes, peas, and onions. Flavored with bay leaves, garlic, and onions, this is a wonderful recipe to try out this season. So shall we?
You simply can not miss out on this recipe of ginger and garlic glazed pork which is mostly served with rice. The sweet, spicy, and gingery essence of the dish simply tastes beyond words of description.
11. Sweet caramelized pork with onions
Garnished with chopped spring onions, the sweet caramelized pork meat is utterly delicious and gives you a restaurant-like feel. You can enjoy this dish with rice on a warm summer afternoon. Sticky and saucy, this is a great pork strip recipe to explore.
We are great fans of this dish prepared with a garlicky essence and topped with sauces! The best part is if you thought roasting pork is hard this recipe will make you believe otherwise! Ideal for beginners to indulge in.
Pork and wood ear mushrooms come to your aid when you wish to eat something saucy and sticky for an appetizer. If you are a fan of mushrooms and pork then combine them in this recipe of stir-frying them in sauces.
We have come up with the recipe of pork teriyaki with broccoli cooked with black pepper and tossed in canola oil. Garlic cloves are chopped and added to the dish to enhance the taste even more.
Let us help you to make Korean pork bulgogi with English cucumber, scallions, serrano chiles, and yellow onions. Tossed in soy sauce and honey, the meat and the veggies are best relished with rice. So what are you waiting for?
If you lack the energy to make elaborate pork dishes then give a try to the simple bbq pork strips cooked with ginger and garlic! A combination of soy, barbeque, and tomato sauce renders this dish with a flawless flavor. We also used Worcestershire sauce and brown sugar.
We have come up with a recipe for sweet and sour pork prepared with pork strips and sauces. Garnished with spring onions, you can enjoy this as a sticky appetizer or make some gravy to serve as a side dish.
There is no way we are missing out on the pork belly strips which are so juicy and succulent in every bite. Cook it till brown and crisp with the marination of spices and roasted herbs.
19. Korean Pork Bulgogi
Flavored with sweet and sour sauce, the pork strips are marinated in juicy gravy and are such a delightful side dish to enjoy with rice or noodles! Garnish with spring onions and sesame seeds at the end. So wait no more and dig in!
We have fried the pork strips with marination of ginger and garlic paste with agave nectar and honey! Baking powder, cornmeal, and milk are also needed! Enjoy the crispy fried pork strips with a sweet and spicy dipping sauce.
You can enjoy the delicious and creamy pork masala curry with a bowl of steamed or herbed rice for a healthy brunch! Cooked with mushrooms, the taste of the recipe is enhanced even more with its presence.
Wondering what to make for the guests at the party? The fried pork strips are crispy and ideal to nibble on as an appetizer. Tossed with veggies and Italian-style panko, you can enjoy the strips with ketchup or creamy mayonnaise.
Are you ready to experience the burst of flavors with hot garlic pepper pork? Well, all you need are some veggies and spring onions, and jalapeno to toss the crispy pork with! This is an excellent recipe to have as a side.
24. Spicy Korean pork stir fry
All you need is thirty minutes to prepare a sumptuous dish like this one for your family! Flooded with the flavors of soy sauce, garlic, and onions, there is also the presence of shallots and scallions too for flavoring.
Tossed with green chilis, ginger, onions, and garlic, the recipe is simply so outstanding that everyone around the table will not waste a second to finish the plate. Cooked in avocado oil, we have added black pepper to escalate its taste.
26. Oven-baked char siu recipe! ( Chinese BBQ pork)
A sheer delight to the taste buds, try out the oven-baked char siu recipe with the main course. Marinated in sauces, and flavored with brown sugar and sherry, this is a wonderful dish that you should not miss out on.
Sweet and sour pork strips are so juicy and mouth-watering that do not be surprised to find this plate empty in a second. Garnished with sesame and chopped spring onions, the recipe is simply outstanding!
If you like the flavor of garlic with pork then this is the perfect dish for you! Cooked with jalapeno and sweet sauces, the dish is so ravenous that you can couple it with herbed rice or noodles for a lazy Sunday brunch.
Pork strips cooked with veggies and eggs, the meat is wrapped in a pancake and served with hoisin sauce. This is a unique recipe that you can serve in the evening or enjoy for a hearty dinner. Resembling a wrap, you are sure to find it delicious.
If you are craving ramen for the day then you should give a try to the pork ramen stir fry! There are veggies and loads of pork strips with sauces to flavor your ramen with a divine taste.
To prevent the pork strips from drying off and cooking them with a tenderized texture, here are some short and useful tips that you can follow-
- Get a strip from the loins- you must have heard about the loin cut! It is a long strip of meat near the pig's spine. This is the most tender portion of a pig and you can ask the butcher to provide you with pork strips from the loin region.
- Allow the meat to rest after cooking- this should be ensured that you do not consume the meat right after it is cooked! Allow it to rest for a while so that the sauces and juices can enter the meat and enhance its tenderness and flavor. This shall be done for about ten minutes before you serve the dish on the table.
Bottom line- well, now you are aware of how to cut the pork meat and which part is ideal for getting pork strips. Cook pork following the instructions and you are about to enjoy the tastiest recipes of your life. So get started with exploring the plethora of recipes we have provided you with!