If you are a die heart fan of Italian cuisine then we do not have to advocate much about the greatness of pesto pasta! However, if you are trying this for the very first time in your life then you are up for a ride! Perfect for refreshing you during the summer, the pesto pasta is ideal to beat the heat! So we thought why not speak about pasta? Herbal and nutty, the pesto sauce is perfect to work with pasta or chicken whichever you choose for yourself! In this article, we will stick to the classic pesto pasta recipe! Let's get started then, shall we?
As we say, it is always better to engage in making pesto sauce at home instead of buying them from outside! Of course, there are branded companies making pesto sauce but a homemade version is always the best preferred one.
Do you know that pesto first originated in Liguria, Italy? Well, that's right! It is an ancient sauce that will steal the show whenever you are making it. The basil was pasted with the aid of a pestle and mortar! Hence the name! If you don't have the patience to use them then a simple blender will do the job for you.
What are some of the recipes which make use of pesto sauce?
Let us find out about some of the common recipes and cuisines which make use of pesto!
- Pasta is the most common dish which is prepared with pesto! The spaghetti pasta is generally cooked in pesto sauce and these turn out to be so delicious.
- If you prepare zucchini noodles then pesto sauce comes to great use.
- Sandwiches and pizzas are made with pasta sauce as well depending on the variety that you choose.
- The traditional pesto alla Genovese is prepared with basil, pine nuts, olive oil, garlic, and parmesan.
- You can gather fresh basil from the garden or if it is winter and you do not have them growing in the lawn space then make use of dried leaves available in bottles on the supermarket shelves.
- Pine nuts are a wonderful source for pesto too! They are smooth and buttery plus are rich in fats too. However, these can turn out to be expensive alternatives! You may instead go ahead with pepitas, almonds, walnuts, pecans, and so on.
- Parmesan cheese is used to give a cheesy and creamy edge to the pesto and tone down the anise flavor of basil.
- Nutritional yeast can be a great substitute for parmesan cheese if you are a vegetarian. Garlic, on the other hand, gives an authentic sharp edge to the pesto sauce and it is something that if you miss out will make your pesto sauce taste dull. A dash of lemon juice and salt is added to maintain the balance between the flavors. Make sure you use extra virgin olive oil as well.
Here is a manual of guidelines to make pesto pasta! Follow the instructions so it can be easier anytime.
- Toasting the nuts and the seeds- on medium flame, toast the seeds and the nuts for about three to five minutes and then pour them into a bowl and allow them to rest. Make sure you keep stirring so that they do not get burnt.
- How to make the pesto- all the ingredients are combined to make the pesto. This is done in a blender and drizzled with olive oil from time to time.
- You can add a pinch of salt or parmesan to adjust the taste according to your preference and blend until fine.
- If you are making pasta with pesto then thinning out the mixture with a little pasta broth is essential.
- You can store the extra pesto if you do not need it in the refrigerator for up to one week. If you prefer the pesto to be more cheesy then go ahead and some more parmesan to it.
Now let us focus on the cool pesto pasta recipes on the list!
Dinner for tonight is completely sorted with the awesome pesto pasta recipe that has been brought exclusively for you right here.
It is simple and easy for beginners as well!
So try your hands at it.
How lovely is this recipe of pesto pasta flooded with creamy shredded meat?
The kids will keep asking you for more and more servings of pasta as you prepare it for them when they come home from school.
Packed with the gorgeous flavor of cheese and cream, the pesto pasta is a great idea to offer as a yummy treat as a snack to the kids!
If they are asking you for something to order then surprise them with this recipe with the presence of yummy sun-dried tomatoes.
We have brought you the exclusive recipe for the pesto pasta which does not just end in pesto sauce, there are sliced sausages and refreshing Brussels sprouts as well.
The homemade shrimp pesto pasta is a wonderful recipe that requires little effort! Do not wish to indulge in an elaborate cooking session today?
Then go ahead and prepare this shrimp pasta in a jiffy.
The perfect combination of seafood with Italian.
The gorgeous dip cuk spread pesto with the lemony essence will make you reach out for it more and more.
Flooded with the goodness of zesty lemon and a sharp basil edge, what a brilliant dish it is!
You can literally enjoy it with whatever you are eating and whenever too!
Drizzled on top with cheese and herbs, the creamy pesto chicken pasta is the best recipe especially when you are a fan of pasta and chicken!
Combine them together and ta-dah!
Whether you are making chicken, fish, or pasta, the Radish green pesto spread is perfect to serve with any!
The bright greenish hue acquired from turnip makes it look so tempting and irresistible in every bite.
And guess what, it is gluten-free too!
We have brought you the recipe for making the best spaghetti with pesto! Drizzled with shredded cheese from the top and soaked in a rich gravy, you will not leave the bowl until it is fully empty.
Don't forget the veggies too!
If you are a vegan and wondering whether you will be able to enjoy pesto pasta then here is what you should try out!
The spinach pesto pasta equally deserves all the praise as any other pasta variant with pesto.
11. Homemade pesto
There is no warmth of flavor and essence in store-bought pesto! If you agree with us then try out the homemade pesto recipe which waits for you right here.
Explore by yourself and find out.
Tell us how much you loved it!
The pesto pasta with chicken is a classic recipe that never goes off the charts! If you are tired after a long day and wish to enjoy something creamy and warm then give it a try!
This will hardly take you any time.
The combination of mushroom and cherry tomatoes with pesto pasta indeed turned out to be a great option.
Further flavored with almonds, this is a wonderful recipe to give a try this season!
14. Pea pesto pasta
If you like greens in your meal then the pea pesto pasta is the best for you to try out!
There is the creamy sauce and tender pasta with occasional peas that burst in your mouth to release an everlasting experience for the taste buds.
We have brought you a brand new recipe for pesto pasta that you will surely grow fond of!
It is time for you to choose your next comfort dish with us!
Check out this recipe for fresh tuna pasta soon.
The more the merrier! We have this recipe of pesto pasta flooded with shrimp, spinach, and mushrooms!
There is nothing that can go wrong about this dish so make sure you give it a try this season.
The options with pesto pasta seem never-ending! Like we have brought you the recipe which combines pasta with meatballs!
You have to find out for yourself how fascinating this one tastes.
So shall we explore it then?
18. Pesto tortellini
The exotic pesto creamy tortellini appeals to every pasta lover! Ready in just fifteen minutes, there is the goodness of spinach, parmesan and so much more!
So let's not waste time and prepare this one for a busy weeknight so you can save your energy for other chores.
Are you in the mood for something spicy, flavorful, and exciting? Then you have to give a try to the pesto pasta chicken recipe that we have right here.
Seasoned with mushrooms, make a large bowl so you do not fall short in the middle of the family dinner.
Let's not waste a minute trying out this recipe as you do not want to regret not trying it later!
The gooey and rich white wine sauce in the pesto pasta deserves special mention.
The exotic basil pesto pasta is best seasoned with sun-dried tomatoes! The tangy and spicy essence along with the hint of cream appeals to every taste bud.
You should try on your own to find out.
Cooked with the presence of fresh greens, this is a trending recipe that we are sure you will be tempted to make!
A great way to convince the kids to enjoy broccoli in summer with the sumptuous chicken pesto pasta accompanying it.
Yes, you hear it right! All you need are just five basic ingredients to prepare the creamy pesto pasta!
So if it is the end of the month and you do not want to go grocery shopping yet, this is perfect to indulge in as a meal.
This recipe is wonderful and we are sure you will be fascinated by the taste of the bolognese after the first attempt.
Flavored with ground beef, pancetta, and vodka sauce, you should not miss out on this one.
Melting in the mouth after every bite, the cajun garlic butter shrimp is delightful and will prevent you from stopping till the last drop is left in the pan!
Enjoy the pesto pasta with the cajun seasoned shrimp.
All it takes is four ingredients to make the pesto pasta recipe that you can prepare literally every day without making any prior arrangements.
So if your heart is craving pasta in the middle of the day then this recipe comes to your rescue.
Let us not miss out on the creamy pesto pasta with shredded meat!
Flavored with roasted tomatoes and pine nuts, this is an exclusive choice of the recipe which calls for you to indulge in a tasty creamy treat.
We have brought you the exclusive recipe of lamb pasta with the essence of lemon and the gorgeous presence of basil pesto!
A great way to feed veggies to the little ones.
If you want a spicy variant of pesto pasta then here is what you should try out!
Tossed in vodka sauce, this is an incredible recipe that will satiate the cravings of spice lovers.
Do not miss out on the authentic flavors of pesto mac and cheese with chicken if you are a true lover of pasta.
There are loads of cream and shredded meat that renders the dish with a smooth and warm essence.
- If you are a vegan dieter then instead of using parmesan cheese make use of nutritional yeast.
- Pine nuts, pepitas, and sunflower seeds are perfect if you have an allergy to almonds and so on. Although we call it to pine nuts, this is a form of seed, but make sure you know whether you are allergic to them or not beforehand.
- You should make use of pasta boiling water when cooking pesto pasta! This water is rich in starch and provides an emulsion for the pesto sauce to adhere to the surface of the pasta. So next time you are draining away the pasta's boiling water, store a cup full to use while you are tossing the sauce and pasta together in a pan.
Bottom Line- So now that you know the tricks and hacks to prepare pesto sauce and then toss it with pasta, we are sure you can easily make it at your home without any assistance. This is a wonderful idea for date nights to surprise your partner, or make for the kids when they come back from school! One recipe to suit all your moods.