There is a reason why we end our meals with desserts! Perhaps, to culminate your main course on a good note, desserts have always been a constant friend! However, we understand that not always can you indulge in desserts especially when you are on your diet! Don't worry! Here are some exotic recipes and tips which will ensure you make the best of the holidays! Now you no longer have to be concerned about putting on weight or craving desserts! These will both satiate your cravings and keep the numbers on the scale under check.
Yes, you must be wondering how is it possible for you to make a dessert which is a source of indulgence and at the same time not consume something beyond your diet! Read on to find more!
1. Switch the flour- white flour may not be a healthy option and the more you avoid it the better! Instead, you can replace the unhealthy white flour with almond or wheat flour to make the difference! This way you can enjoy desserts as much as you want and at the same time not skip your healthy factor. This is because whole wheat flour adds more fiber and protein to the dish. If you wish to get the best of both worlds then try to mix both flours for effective consistency.
2. Dark chocolate is lower in calories than milk chocolate- if you are skipping chocolate chips in your choco chip cookies then there is no use consuming it at all! But at the same time, you can eat healthy with dark chocolate choco chips. The darker variety is rich in antioxidants, fiber, iron, and zinc, among other nutrients. The cocoa content is as high as 70%.
3. Add more bananas to your ice cream- dairy and processed sugar can be replaced with a banana! Frozen bananas are the best as an easy alternative. You can freeze them overnight so that the taste of the desserts is even better. You will be surprised by how real the banana ice cream tastes! Filled with cocoa and chocolate chips, you can enjoy it thoroughly!
4. Replace butter with coconut oil- just like butter, coconut oil is solid at room temperature. The sodium content in coconut oil is much less compared to the former. Lauric acid, found in coconut oil contains much less amount of fat and even helps to reduce cholesterol. It even aids in weight loss! Can you imagine, a dessert that is helping you to lose weight? Sounds surreal right?
5. Maple syrup and honey are healthier substitutes than white sugar- of course, you should opt for maple syrup and honey as the source of sweetness instead of white sugar! This makes the desserts rich in vitamins and minerals and reduces the unhealthy calorie content. The blood sugar level is also maintained constant instead of a rush of sugar at once and then the crash of energy due to the artificial sweetening agents.
6. Make use of evaporated skim milk for heavy cream- if you are looking for ways to make your desserts healthy then you have to take the necessary steps. For example, you can replace heavy cream with skim milk! This is much lower in calories and packed with a richness of nutrients! The consistency also remains the same! This makes it a great substitute for heavy cream!
7. Replace oil in your desserts with applesauce and watch the difference- canola and vegetable oil which is rich in fat must be replaced with applesauce! This makes your dessert certainly more nutritious and healthy than the ordinary version. It is not very sweet and adds moisture and flavor to the muffins, cakes, and pastries whichever it is that you are preparing. It not only reduces your calorie intake but also increases the fiber and content of vitamin C in your sweet dish.
Delicious Low-Calorie Desserts: Best Recipes to Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth
The scrumptious peanut butter banana bars are not only healthy but also so tasty!
Drizzled with peanut butter, all you need are a couple of ingredients to create these bars with perfection.
The great thing about strawberry cheesecake is that it is so easy to make! You do not even have to bake it at all!
The sweet strawberry essence is so enriching in every bite that you will be left with a craving for more and more.
The delicious Greek yogurt brownies are something that you can indulge in guilt-free!
It does not even contain 100 calories so a cube or two of brownies will not be a matter of concern at all.
Blended baked oats are a sumptuous and creamy dessert treat that you can enjoy at the end of the meal!
In fact, everyone will be waiting eagerly for the dinner to get over so everyone can go ahead and enjoy a lovely treat like this one.
Drizzled with chocolate chips, what a wonderful idea it is!
If you feel hungry after every workout session then here is something that we have brought exclusively for you!
All that is needed are ten minutes to make this simple five ingredients protein cookie dough!
Once you give a try to the famous raspberry dessert bites, there are no other desserts that you can think of having after it!
Flavored with chia and maple syrup, these bite-sized appetizers are simply outstanding!
The easy-peasy air fryer apples are a sweet treat that you can enjoy any time of the day without having to bother about putting on weight!
These are absolutely healthy and lack unwanted oil! Shall we try it then?
Get a dollop of ice cream and your gluten-free dessert is ready in a minute!
If you are running late for work and do not have the time to spare for breakfast then on your way do not forget to grab Snicker protein bars!
The smooth and rich peanut butter cups are something that will send you into a state of food orgasm!
The presence of bananas makes it super healthy so you don't have to compromise on your diet!
The healthy blueberry pie bars are easy to make and you can carry them literally anywhere with you!
Heading on a long drive? Feeling hungry in the middle of the trip? Grab a bar from your bag and enjoy!
The combination of zesty lemon with sweet blueberry essence is the most amazing creation ever!
And guess what, it is fully devoid of milk, and eggs! So what are you waiting for?
Dig in guilt-free! Shall we try it out then?
The delectable banana brownie is loaded with the goodness of banana and the amazing flavor of brownie!
Drizzled with dark chocolate chips, this is a brownie that will not make you feel guilty about making desserts despite being on a diet.
The peach pie bowls are something that you must make during the holidays!
Being on a diet doesn't mean you have to get all bored and sad!
Check out this recipe for the peach pie bowl which contains very less fat.
The crispy and crunchy oatmeal cookies with banana are chewy and perfect to enjoy with tea in the morning!
All you need are six ingredients to create the cookies with perfection. Don't be surprised if the cookie monsters come around the night to steal!
The exclusive mini protein cheesecakes are super exciting as it is flooded with cream and loads of protein!
The combination of Greek yogurt and cream cheese leaves you tempted to eat more and more of it!
When we hear about no-bake recipes it excites us more because of course the efforts are so much less!
These cheesecakes are shaped inside a jar so that it is easy to freeze and subsequently store if you are unable to finish it all in a single day!
A complete gluten-free and healthy recipe, the no-bake cookies are delectable and you should try them out!
Chewy and sweet, serve it with tea in the evening when the guests come over. These cookies are ready with just four ingredients.
Presented with an enriching essence of cinnamon, the swirl cakes are indeed an extraordinary option to indulge in!
Packed with proteins, these are super healthy and will leave you with a craving so profound.
The blueberry crisp is the perfect idea when you are a fan of berries and desire to have something sweet!
Topped with crispy essence, these are simply outstanding so much so that after the first bite you will be compelled to eat more and more until none is left.
Prepared with ripe banana, almond flour, and dark chocolate chips, the healthy brownies cum banana bread is the best idea that you must try out this season!
Everyone in your home will be thoroughly impressed with your skills, especially the kids who will nag you to make the banana bread brownies again and again.
The carrot cake oatmeal cookies are delicious and crumbly! Loaded with the goodness of carrots, these are meant to make your Easter holidays even more special!
The gorgeous vanilla banana bread is fascinating and the best breakfast treat for the entire family!
Begin your day on a fresh note with the sweet honey essence banana bread!
If you are fond of banana bread but worried about your carbs then don't forget to give this one a try.
The chewy and fudgy brownies are something that will make you drool at the sight of the dish!
Rich in proteins, the brownies are super easy to make even for beginners! Shall we then?
The healthy yogurt muffins are perfect for you because despite being on a diet you can enjoy it as much as you want!
The sweet and sour blueberry essence punched in the muffins makes it such a delightful treat indeed.
The chocolate puddings are right here so you can make this journey of cutting on calories, fun-filled and fulfilling at the same time!
Rich in dark chocolate, the pudding is so amazing that you will be left licking the bowl!
No, we aren't joking.
The fruit salsa with baked pita chips is the ideal way to welcome the summer season!
The cinnamon essenced sugar pita chips when combined with fruit salsa leave you completely swayed. Shall we try it then?
The chocolate chia pudding is gorgeous and one sight of the dish will leave anybody drooling even if you are not a sweet lover.
Exclusive and creamy, the chia chocolate pudding is very simple to curate and gets ready in a jiffy!
There is no need for you to fret and panic when you have consumed loads and loads of the Oreo fluff because no matter how much you consume you will always stay in shape and feel fit. Isn't it fantastic?
To be honest, you will find it so tough to resist the cheesecake and even harder to share it with anybody!
The no-bake cheesecake is loaded with berries and is such a brilliant recipe that you should not miss out on!
30. Berry Oat bars
How lovely are the Berry Oat bars! The recipe is simple and enables you to engage in a refreshing baking session too!
Keep yourself engaged with a healthy recipe like this one and the results are always in your favor!
The duo of chocolate and peanut butter never fails to satiate the taste buds!
If you are on a diet then don't forget to explore this recipe which is meant for keto dieters!
Let us know whether you liked the cookies or not!
Frequently asked questions associated with making healthy low-calorie dessert recipes
1. How to make your desserts healthy?
An instant way to turn desserts healthy is with the aid of fruits! More the fruits the better!
2. What makes a dessert good?
The right amount of ingredients and the balance between the flavors make the desserts taste good and a great crowd-pleaser!
3. Are homemade desserts healthier?
Homemade desserts are healthier because you can monitor the content of refined sugar in the ingredients!
4. Which pastry is healthy for you to consume even while you are on a diet?
Replace the shortcrust pastries with filo and observe the difference! These have low-calorie content and are easy to make compared to the other varieties of pastries!
5. Why is banana bread healthy?
A Banana is a fruit that is replenished with loads of nutrients like vitamins and minerals! Adding them to dessert certainly makes the desserts even more healthy to consume.
Bottom Line- Let's not delay even a minute! Now that you have so many healthy dessert dishes at your disposal, enjoy them to your heart's content and nobody will stop you because of course, these are healthy!