Whether you are watching a film or enjoying cartoons with your little ones on a weekend, loaded French fries are a great creation. We all love French fries but what if we would tell you that you could further load it with myriad items like meat, cheese, veggies and so much more? Suiting every mood and occasion, the loaded French Fries are the literal show-stopper. With these amazing tips and ideas for loaded French Fries at your fingertips, making them will be so much easier and more exotic! Let's begin, shall we?
Even though it sounds almost impossible to keep your French fries loaded and crispy at the same time, here are easy tips to ensure both happen at the same time. Let's read on
1. Use a French fry cutter- to ensure that the bread is cut uniformly and straight, you can use a French fry cutter for that purpose. Once the potatoes are chopped uniformly this allows equal frying so that each of them has equal crisp and consistency.
2. Too waxy potatoes should be avoided- not all potatoes are good for making French fries! Russet variety is the ideal option that you should indulge in. The starchy potatoes are an ideal option when you are making fries! These do not have much moisture and hence they turn crisp very easily. You must have come across Yukon Golds as well, these are available easily in the grocery store. These are especially available in America and used for making French fries. However, the Yukon variety is slightly more waxy than the Russet variety so you need to choose accordingly. It is the large, oblong shape of the potatoes which makes the Yukon a wonderful choice for making long fresh fry strips. Remember that if potatoes are too waxy then the starch content is less. In other words, they will not turn crispy in the presence of wax on the surface and in the absence of adequate starch.
3. Always opt for making French fries in the air fryer- the best way for you to prepare French fries is in the air fryer! The amount of oil required is minimal and the fries are made crisp under the high-speed fan! You will not believe how fascinating the crispy French fries turn out to be! And the best part about French fries being made in the air fryer is that the time required is minimal. Once your fries are crispy and warm, you can taste them with sauces and veggies along with meat to create the loaded French fries. Remember, that the temperature of the Air fryer should be set at 380°F.
4. Soak the sliced French fries in water- we often soak the raw French fries in water without knowing the real reason behind it. Soaking in cold water releases the starch from the French fries making them tough so that when you fry, the potato sticks are crunchy. Do not use warm water as it can activate the starch. Once the water turns cloudy and murky then you must note that it is time to drain them and start frying.
6. French fries should always be made in batches-
You should not drop all the French fries into the oil at once! This drastically reduces the temperature of the oil and your French fries will turn out to be soggy! Instead, you should always cook French fries in batches, that is the ritual of crispy fries. It might take you more time but the outcomes are always so good.
7. Choose the right kind of vegetable oil- the smoke point of the oil should be high! This ensures that even at higher temperatures, the oil does not release smoke and gets burnt. The ideal smoking point of the oil should be around 400°F. Hence peanut oil is ideal when you are cooking French fries! Other options include vegetables, canola, avocado, sunflower oils, and so on. Beef tallow is excellent when you wish to enhance the taste of the gorgeous loaded French fries.
8. You can remove moisture by frying twice- making the French fries at two temperatures, merely blanching the first time and giving the crisp touch the second time, your fries can indeed turn out to be crispy and retain the texture for a long time. Initially, the French fries are blanched at 325°F while in the second round, the temperature is maintained high at 375°F. This is an effective technique by which you can get crispy French fries that retain the texture even when hours have passed. The first half allows the French fries to be cooked while the second half ensures that the texture is created and the color turns golden.
9. Frying potatoes with the skin on gives them, even more, taste and crispness - we often peel off the skin of the potatoes in most cases while preparing French fries! However, on the contrary, you should not! The French fries turn out to be more crisp and flavorful in the presence of the skin, all you need to do is just clean it well. These also aid in adding more nutrition to your French fries so you can call them healthy! However, potato is underground veggie and it has a lot of soil and microbes on the skin which needs to be cleared off first. Vegetable scrubbers and kitchen towels are the best to clean the edges, irregularities, and so on.
10. Do not heat the oil too much or the French fries can get burnt- do not make the mistake of dumping all the French fries into overheated oil all at once. If you are running short on time then perhaps the best thing that you could do is heat the oil at high flame and then pour all the French fries into the pan! However, under such a circumstance, it might be possible that some strands will get burnt while some will remain undercooked and raw.
11. Do not drop the French fries on the paper towel to soak the oil- it might be an effective technique to soak the extra oil on the surface of the French fries but this can also turn your fries soggy. Instead, you can place the fries in a rack covered at the bottom with a sheet of aluminum paper. Once the oil drips off, you can enjoy your fries fresh and crispy. Do not forget to drizzle some seasonings on the surface especially if it is loaded with French fries.
Delicious Loaded Fries Recipes – Easy to Make & Incredibly Delicious
Obviously, we all love french fries but what if we would say that you can enjoy cheese and meat along with it too?
Yes, it is true, with this recipe right here, you know what to serve as an appetizer to your meal!
Gooey and rich, the best-loaded French fries recipe is right here to sway one off their feet!
Juicy and crunchy, you will simply not be able to resist the sight of the bowl of fries!
The succulent bacon and ranch cheese fries are the most detectable recipe that you can probably get your hands on!
It is the dressing that makes it even more juicy and luxurious in every bite. Shall we try it then?
Brisket-loaded fries are another exotic option for you to relish!
Packed with veggies, jalapeno, and cheese, the brisket fries are delectable and if you are planning to watch a movie with your partner this weekend, then the loaded fries are a must-have!
Perfect as an appetizer for parties and events, you have to make succulent bacon cheese fries!
The combination of three types of cheese makes it such an exotic treat indeed.
Everyone's gonna love this one!
Jalapenos and sour cream in the classic carne asada fries enhances the taste manifold.
Indulge in the sense of flavor and divinity with the wonderful recipe right here.
All it takes is less than an hour to make your fries with perfection.
The wonderful Philly cheesesteak fries recipe is here if you are having a friend's hangout this weekend.
Coke, fries, and meat! This is what you need for a great time with a great companion.
So what are you waiting for?
The delicious cheese steak fries are going to make you drool at the sight of the dish!
Gooey, cheesy and crispy, this brings the best of both worlds.
So if you are in the mood for something light and detectable, do give it a try!
The succulent combination of bacon and chicken renders you simply breathless because that is how fast you will hog it down.
The ranch dressing further escalates the taste of the dish and makes it a delightful way to begin your main course or keep it for the sides.
Scrumptious and creamy, the BBQ-loaded chicken with French fries is super amazing!
You have to try it out on your own to find out for yourself. Let us make it quickly!
If you are craving something crispy and saucy for some time then here is a wonderful recipe that we have got for you!
Classic Texas fries drizzled with cheese and herbs are super rich in flavor and are the best that you can ask for perhaps.
The delectable and juicy loaded nacho fries are what you need to keep yourself satiated and full!
Creamy and saucy, this is the perfect definition of loaded fries!
So do not waste a second and make it quickly.
The loaded french fries are topped with cheese and bacon to your heart's content!
The gooey ranch dressing gives it an exotic flavor making it impossible for you to resist the same.
Are you ready to indulge in a cheddar cheese treat?
If you are fond of Korean dishes then the Korean loaded fries are the best for one to indulge in.
Topped with bulgogi, this dish makes you crave more.
There is green onion and cilantro to enhance the flavor of the dish!
The buffalo chicken fries are an all-time classic that we are sure you will certainly find flavorful and tempting!
There is hardly anyone who is not fond of buffalo sauce.
The combination of shredded chicken and french fries is simply awesome.
The combination of butter chicken and fries in the loaded French fries recipe is simply extraordinary and you should make it this season!
It is the gravy which makes the dish so good indeed.
The delightful bacon cheese fries are a traditional loaded fries recipe that you must make this season!
Everyone's weakness is the meaty bacon treat that anyone can hardly resist.
From kids to adults, there is no one who can say no to this!
Extreme cheese-loaded Texas crispy fries with jalapeno are exciting and exotic in all senses.
Delicious and easy to make in no time, all you need are a couple of minutes before the movie begins. Shall we then?
Nothing is as good as the loaded French fries with bacon and cheese.
These are wonderful and comforting recipes for you to ravish!
The kids will love this idea as snacks in the evening and since they are healthy there is no need for you to worry!
20. Loaded pub fries
The loaded pub fries are what you need during the weekend to keep yourself satiated and content!
The way to a happy heart is through a happy tummy and the loaded pub fries can do that for you!
1. What is the secret to keeping your French fries crispy and fresh for longer?
Poaching in water makes the French fries crispy when you fry them later. This helps to remove the wax from the potatoes and release the starch.
2. Why do French fries get soaked in water?
French fries get soaked in water to release the starch and control the moisture! This allows the French fries to maintain the consistency and crispiness of each strip.
3. Why are your French fries sometimes so soggy?
Most of the time, your french fries may feel crispy at the first bite but soon they might get soggy and stretchy! We are sure that is something you would not prefer to consume. Too greasy french fries can end up this way! Always follow the cooking techniques.
4. Which potatoes are best for making french fries?
Usually, french fries are made with Russet potatoes although Yukon is more common in America. These are elongated in shape and hence the strips are longer when you cut with a french fries chopper.
5. Do you need to boil french fries before frying them?
It is recommended to boil the fries before frying them because this way the center is cooked well and remains tender while the outside turns crispy.
6. Which is the ideal oil for making french fries?
French fries need deep frying and as a result, you need vegetable oil which has a high smoke point of about 400-450°F.
Bottom Line- Now that you know how to make French fries and the tips that can help you to perfect them, quickly choose a recipe and get started. These loaded french fries recipes are ideal to lift your mood during the weekend and satiate your cravings.