Halloween is the season of celebration and merriment! But how can you commemorate an occasion without the presence of deserts? Well, this time we have decided to work on desserts like pies and mini pies! Wait! Did you too? Then join us onboard as you are going to learn about some extraordinary ideas and follow the tips for the same. If you are making mini pies for the first time then do not worry! These hacks will enable you to create them with perfection. Shall we get started then?
Making pies is not a Herculean task but if you are doing it for the first time then here are some hacks that can enable you to accomplish the job with perfection! Shall we find out then?
At first, it might seem like making pies is so easy! They are small and tempting! But of course, you need to be tactful about it too!
1. Work on the crust with speed and perfection- although these kinds of pies are small, they can be quite filled with the hassle! First comes the preparation of the crust which can be very tactful and challenging as we mentioned. Remember that the advantage of making mini pies is that you can make several varieties at the same time! From custard, pecan, and pumpkin, the options are simply endless! And for all, you need a standard muffin tin that is all! But remember one thing for sure! Buttering the tin is highly essential before you begin the job. As the pie heats up, the filling can spurt out and become too sticky to remove from the surface of the tin! Hence we suggest you butter the surface first so you can remove the pie with ease.
2. Now the crust needs to be rolled up- you shall need a French rolling pin to make the crust! If you do not have one in the house then you should probably get one! The roll-outs need to stay perfectly circular and for that, you need such a pin in your kitchen. These then need to be provided a rectangular shape so more outer cuttings can be made from the dough. They should be cold and some flour should be spread on the surface where you are making the flat rolls so that none stick to each other. Rolling to ⅛ th of an inch is the general size that is adopted!
3. You need the lid of a container to acquire the circle shapes- a simple and circular biscuit cutter can do the job perfectly well! If you have a pizza slicer at home, even that can be used to accomplish the job with perfection. Now you need a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper to do the job. Chill the arrangement for about thirty minutes before you begin to work on them. Now that the circles are ready, you can move to the next step.
4. The dough should always be allowed to stay cold- this is something very important and vital but also something that we often fail to realize. Even the heat from your hand can mess up the mini rollouts that you created. Yes, it is true! Fill the rollouts into the muffin tins quickly and insert the fillings. Adjust the rollout so it sticks to the surface of the cups so that there are no air bubbles that are created.
5. Filling just works normally - just like how you fill a larger pie, a smaller one is done the same way! There is absolutely no difference in the technique. In some cases, the fruits are pre-cooked, for example, Apple pies. In other cases, you need to cut the fruits really small because the mini pies are indeed so small that the filling needs to be even smaller to fit in properly. Finer chopping also ensures that the cooking is done properly. When discussing apple pies, as we mentioned, it is highly important for you to bake the apples first! There is nothing a bigger disaster than undercooked apples and overcooked crusts. If you are making pecan pies then make sure you bake them at 375°F for about ten to twelve minutes. You are also expected to fill the shells properly! The muffins will puff up and then sink. So make sure there is enough filling to sustain the crust. As we mentioned before, you need to butter the tin cans properly so that the muffin crust does not stick to the surface of the vessel during baking. There are definitely several other factors that need to be taken under consideration as you make mini muffins. However, when they are done, it is worth the effort.
6. Now it is time for you to make the pies adorable-
When you are making mini pies it is rather a very intricate job we have to mention. The strips need to be very thin so that the mini pies turn out to be shaped excellently. A sharp knife or a pizza sliced is the best option as you are designing the crust of the pie. If you have either of them in the kitchen then it is going to be highly useful. Now trim the edges and then press the strips. If you find it a little hard to work on then you go ahead and chill it for a while. Freezing for five to ten minutes is enough to accomplish the job with perfection. Then finally brush with cream and sprinkle with sugar at the end. If you are working with crumbles for the toppings, they are the easiest to work on. In the case of custard, all you need to do is generously pour the topping over the pecan or almond filling and the job is done.
7. Baking- the time required for baking is much less than the standard pies! The mini pies need to be baked at 350° for about twenty minutes and the job is done. Then rotate again and this time bake for another five to ten minutes. Once they are brown your job is done. As the pies are removed from the oven, you should allow them to cool for another ten minutes inside the pan before you take them out! A spatula is helpful to accomplish the job with perfection and then lay it on the baking sheet.
Now, let us learn about mini pies that you can make at home for Halloween this time! Let's go!
Delicious Mini Pies for Halloween: Over 20 Sweet & Spooky Recipes
The season of Halloween calls for you to engage in creativity and baking! Here is a bunch of Apple pie pops that are shaped like ghosts! But they do not look scary at all! Perfect to serve as treats, you can hand a few to the little ones to offer to the guests as they enter your house.
The combination of caramel and apple is simply outstanding and you should give it a try! Loaded with sweetness and shaped like a small jack-o-lantern, this is an extraordinary creation indeed.
The cherry pies for Halloween are a perfect match escalating the job of the occasion instantly! Delicious and gooey, if you are fond of cherries then you know which pie to make this season.
Enjoy the flavor of the fall with the easy pumpkin hand pies at your disposal! Delectable and juicy, the pumpkin pies are simply extraordinary and loaded with flavors so divine. Are you ready to enjoy them already? Then make them quickly!
These hand pies are quite eye-catching to make during the event! Literally shaped like hands, you can cut a slice to release the gooey jelly from the inside. The bloody fingers and palms definitely create an aura of spook and macabre.
The monster mini-face pies are served in a cup and are such a delectable source of bliss and contentment! Enriching and gorgeous, this is an excellent creation that you must indulge in. Are you ready to bake them this afternoon? Then get started!
The whoopie pies are extremely yummy and one bite of the same will make it simply impossible for you to resist more. The icing is sandwiched between the two layers and melted in your mouth with every bite.
If you are up for vegan apple pies then go ahead and make the Pentagram apple pies which are another fantastic creation indeed! Loaded with sweetness, this is a great source of joy and encouragement during the holiday season.
The mummy Bischoff's hand pies are right here to sway one off their feet! If you are fond of pies then you are definitely up for a surprise. What an excellent creation with pulpy filling and crispy crust on top! Shall we make it then?
10. Spooky eye pies
Oh, how can we miss out on the spooky eye pies which are so yummy that simply one will never be enough! Delectable and luxurious with berry filling, you should give it a try this season. Make it today!
The apricot hand pies are very easy to make and if you are sitting idle during the vacation and wish to make something mesmerizing then you should go ahead with the apricot version of the pies shaped as Jack-o-lanterns. Such an exciting idea indeed!
The classic Mummy apple hand pies are a traditional recipe during the Halloween season! Flooded with flavors, the apple pies are super rich and great to serve with breakfast in the morning. So what are you waiting for?
13. Mini s'mores pie
If you are looking for something unique to make but within the reach of the pantry without having to visit the stores then the Mini s'mores pie is ideal for one to relish! Delicious and enticing, you shall be completely smitten by its taste in every bite.
The spooky pies for Halloween are the most fantastic idea for one to relish! Delectable and juicy, everyone will certainly get intrigued by this gorgeous idea on the plate. Serve it after dinner and see how delighted everyone shall be!
Nothing is as gorgeous and creamy as the February 13th creepy eye pies! Juicy and irresistible, this is a wonderful idea that leaves one craving for more and more. Do give it a try this season.
This idea combines both muffins and pumpkins together! The idea is simply extraordinary and flooded with the gorgeous essence of seasonal pumpkins. If you have planned to make pies this season then there is no better option than this one!
The mini pumpkin fall pies are perfectly suited to the theme of the occasion and flooded with extraordinary flavors! Divine as we may call it so, the pattern of a descending leaf showcases the theme of falls. Shall we try it then?
The Funfetti Whoopie pies are delicious indeed and irresistible in every bite! If you do not believe us then it is a challenge we throw for you to make it today! Do give it a try for sure.
The luxurious and rich hand pies with chocolate filling are rather a unique idea that we are sure you have not tried yet! And if you haven't then what are you waiting for? This is a temptation that hardly one can resist.
The goblin Halloween mini pies are packed with minced beef and tangy tomato sauce! The perfect seasoning combined with the succulent taste, makes it an extraordinary choice indeed. What a lovely creation with a crispy crust and meaty filling all at once!
1. What are some of the tips that you should follow for making mini pies?
The ingredients for the mini pies should be measured by weight and not by volume! The crust should not be overbaked. Allow the dough to be cooled so that there is nothing too sticky or messy in the kitchen. Precook the filling so they do not remain undercooked.
2. What is the way to prevent the mini pies from becoming sticky?
You should opt for non-stick muffin tins as you prepare the mini pies. You should also grease the cups first before you place the pies inside so once they are baked, the pies are easy to remove.
3. What makes a pie perfect?
For one to make the pies perfect, you should bake the crust perfectly so that it is crisp and tender! The filling should be cooked properly so that the crust is not over-baked and the filling remains underbaked.
4. How can you make the pies shiny at the top?
If you want the pies to be shiny at the top then you can use egg yolk glaze! It needs to be beaten in one teaspoon of water and then brushed on the surface of the pie.
5. How can you make your pies crispy?
Once the pies are pre-baked, you should allow the surface of the pie to be washed with an egg white! And then again reheat at 400°F and bake for about four minutes!
Bottom Line- Well, so that was all about making mini pies for the Halloween season! If you are planning to bake some during the weekend then do not waste a second and get ready with your baking gloves! We have brought myriad mini pie ideas for you!