Although kids despise greens and you have a tough time making them have it, there are so many wonderful things that you can try with green beans. Leave us to the task of converting something boring to flavorful and exciting. Today we are going to discuss green bean recipes, which are the most amazing veggies we have come across after potatoes! You can literally add them to anything you want! If this holiday season you are looking for ways to make your meal healthy and delicious at the same time, then you have absolutely come to the right place. But before we discuss the recipes with you, let us share some benefits of beans and tips to cook them properly.
So since we have embarked on this journey today to discuss beans let us first find out the nutrients it contains and the associated health benefits! Shall we?
Benefits of consuming beans- studies have revealed that beans are rich in vitamins A, C, and K. The content of folic acid and fiber is also very high. You will be intrigued to find out that there are more than 130 varieties of beans that exist in this world! Yes, it is true! We know it is surprising. However, if you are consuming green beans then you have to wash it thoroughly so the excess sodium is removed.
Consumption of beans is associated with a reduction in heart ailment, obesity, and diabetes. So in short, if you wish to stay healthy and happy, there is no way you should cut on beans. The more the better in fact. You are definitely going to muster more energy with the aid of the greens and veggies that you include in your meal. Fresh and frozen beans are recommended for making any sort of dish that you opt for. Canned beans have a high amount of sodium which needs to be rinsed. Hence the formers are preferred.
1. Cancer- you should know that green beans contain a lot of chlorophyll and as a result, it has the potential to block carcinogenic heterocyclic amines. These are mainly generated when you are grilling any sort of meat at high temperatures. So whenever you opt for grilling chicken or turkey, make sure you use some green beans along with it in the recipe.
2. Good for consumption during the period of fertility or pregnancy- medical research has revealed that pregnant women derive benefits from vegetables like spinach, beans, pumpkin, green beans, and so on. A cup of green beans is rich in folic acid and iron which is needed by a pregnant mother. Folic acid prevents neural tube defects in the foetus and iron is required for maintaining pregnancy.
3. Depression- yes, you might not know but consumption of green beans has also helped a patient to cure during the period of depression. Homocysteine is produced in the body which interferes with the blood flow to the brain in the absence of which happy hormones are not released, like dopamine, serotonin, and so on.
4. Makes your bone stronger- vitamin K is needed for stronger bones and as we know green beans are rich in vitamin K which leads to bone matrix formation and adequate absorption of calcium.
5. How it impacts your diet- as we already discussed, green beans are available as fresh, frozen, and canned in the market! The canned beans are high in sodium which needs to be rinsed and washed to remove the excess which accounts for about 41%. Fresh beans are bright green in color which is an indicator of their good health! If you observe black spots and white fungal growth then do not buy such beans. You can store them in the refrigerator for a couple of days after purchasing from the store.
- You can eat raw green beans! All you need to do is wash, chop and serve with salads!
- They can also be roasted! You need some olive oil and seasoning. Halfway through the process just turn it and the job shall be done.
- There should be some marinara sauce and parmesan cheese to accompany the beans in case you are not accustomed to eating it all by yourself.
6. Beans aid in preventing fatty liver- not just kids but even adults benefit from consuming beans. Fatty liver is the situation when excess fat deposits in the liver due to obesity, cholesterol, and several health conditions. Studies have revealed that it is possible for you to prevent fatty liver-like situations with the aid of a handful of green beans in your meal every day. Holidays are the perfect time when you can plan a proper meal! There is no harm to indulge in good food but at the same time eating healthily.
Although green beans have a massive respect for having so many health benefits, they are still not a favorite among many of us! But you have to do what is good for you and therefore we have these amazing tips that you can follow to enhance their flavor and render them tender. Let's read on to find more.
You need to set up a medium flame and allow the water to come to a boil. Then place the beans in the water and boil them for a while too until they are tender.
Leave this arrangement on for about three minutes and let them get tender.
You should preferably cut off the two ends of the beans before you add them to the boiling water.
Do you know what is the best part of consuming green beans, it is that the beans can work with any sort of item from bacon to chicken, seafood, and so on. The culture of consuming beans spread among mothers during the period of 1950s and 1960s. This made green beans such a popular choice and today they are almost added to all sorts of cuisine.
Here are some green bean recipes for Thanksgiving that you must try out!
Delicious Green Bean Recipes for a Perfect Thanksgiving
If you think that green beans are boring and should be left at the side of the plate then here is something that will blow your mind off! The recipe for green beans is served with cream, mushroom, bacon, and pork! Flavored with thyme, the recipe is too good!
Hey, are you looking for something comforting to make with green beans? Then you definitely have to try out the garlicky essenced green beans served with a handsome amount of parmesan in it.
If you are indulging in diligent workout sessions during the holidays then you have to opt for the green beans which are just freshly sauteed and great to fill yourself up as a healthy snacking option post work out!
Smooth and rich, it will be very hard for you to believe at first that green beans can taste so good! Creamy and flavorful, you should give it a try!
Indulge in the luxurious flavors of the south with the green beans recipe that we have brought for you exclusively here in this column! Loaded with bacon, what else do you need to satiate your taste buds?
Roasted almonds served with green beans taste simply so good! Delectable and healthy, make your holidays super special and hearty with this idea right here. The presence of shallots and butter gives the dish a distinguished taste as well!
Of course, it is Thanksgiving and you cannot miss out on the combination of green beans and cranberry! Delectable and crispy, this is a great choice if you are in the mood for something light and crunchy. Shall we try it then?
All you need is less than an hour to come up with this vegan option for a meal! Delectable and rich, the idea is simply outstanding and you should give it a try! Tell us later how it was and did you make it again! Good luck!
Sweet caramelized shallots served with green beans are a must-have during the holidays! Crispy and healthy, all you need to do is toss them well in olive oil and enjoy them as a hearty appetizer to the meal!
Smooth, enriching, and luxurious, the recipe for garlic butter green beans is right here to your delight! Drizzled with parmesan, you are absolutely going to fall in love with the wonders of this dish.
Yes, you heard it right! Green beans in cajun gravy taste so divine indeed! Enriching and gorgeous, you are definitely going to thank us later for the idea! Adorned with sausage, you know what to make this season. Shall we then?
The zesty and flavorful orange ginger green beans can be prepared in no time and the best part about it is that you can prepare it ahead of time and keep it in your refrigerator! And then enjoy it to your fullest!
The saucy teriyaki beans with a sticky consistency feel terribly good! Packed with mushrooms, garlic, and shallots, the dish tastes so mind-blowing. And the best part is fifteen minutes is all that you require! This is the perfect busy weeknight meal to indulge in this season!
The combination of green beans and bacon is lovely and you should definitely give it a try! The combination of garlic and parmesan renders it with a sense of wonderful essence. So are you ready to indulge in it?
Easy and enriching, the idea of garlic butter green beans is extraordinary! The recipe is so easy that there is no way you will fail at this one. What a brilliant idea to make this season!
If you are fond of green beans then this vegan option is outstanding! Packed with rich cream, the recipe is wonderful and flavored with herbs and nuts on top! This is perfect for a healthy treat during the holidays! Shall we then?
The delicious green bean casserole is absolutely lovely and you should try it too! Rich and creamy, you are definitely going to fall in love with the dish at the very first bite. Thank us later for the idea, now go and enjoy!
The options for green bean casserole are simply endless and you should opt for this one! Delectable and healthy, there is everything that you need for this one! Filled with cream, it is indeed a wonderful idea we must say!
Well if you are in the mood for something gorgeous then you definitely can not miss out on the ultimate Texas Roadhouse green beans! The casserole is super rich in flavors and what a fantastic treat indeed.
If you find a bunch of green beans in the corner of the refrigerator and are wondering what to do with them, here is a recipe that will come to your rescue. The combination of bacon and parmesan is always the best and paired with beans, they are simply lovely!
Easy to make a crockpot so you can manage a busy schedule, the Southern green beans, recipe is outstanding and flooded with flavors so smooth and luxurious. Shall we try it then?
Ideal for a Thanksgiving brunch, the recipe for green bean casserole is simply lovely and loaded with cream, cheese, and onions! Flavorful and rich, this is an extraordinary idea that you should not miss out on as the holidays are knocking at the doors.
Well, if you are done with a casserole and it seems like a long-drawn procedure then you can simply opt for the sauteed green beans served with mushrooms. Delectable and crispy in every bite.
Yes, indeed! There is a different joy in cooking for your loved ones and observing them relishing the dish! You can opt for the green beans casserole which is prepared from scratch but never too tough to master. Go for it!
1. How do you prevent your green beans from being tough?
The best way to cook beans so that they turn tender and mushy is to boil them first! Heat water in a pan and when it comes to a boil add the beans, once they are soft after five to seven minutes, remove them from water and add to any recipe you are planning to make.
2. How can you make your green beans taste good?
Not a fan of green beans? There is no problem! You need some chopped garlic, butter, and seasoning to make them taste good.
3. Which is better, to boil or steam the green beans?
Between the two, we will ask you to steam the green beans, this retains the vibrant green hue of the beans and turn them tender without making them too mushy or leaching the nutrients.
4. Which is a faster way to soften green beans?
If you wish for the green beans to turn soft faster then add some baking soda to the boiling water which increases the pH and disintegrates the pectin in the beans to turn them soft.
Thanksgiving is the perfect time to enjoy delicious green beans. With this selection of easy recipes, there's something for everyone. Choose from the classic green bean casserole, the vegan-friendly green bean bundles, or the delicious green beans with garlic and bacon. With very little effort, you can serve and enjoy these delightful dishes. Whether you want to dazzle at a potluck, give your family something special, or simply whip up something delicious, these easy green bean recipes are sure to satisfy you. Let's make sure that this Thanksgiving is the greenest one yet.
As the proverb goes, “A green bean is the juiciest when it is plucked”. So go ahead and pick the recipes that appeal to you, and get ready for a Thanksgiving feast that will be remembered for years to come.