How can you enjoy nachos without some dips to accompany the crackers and tasty treats? Well, it is safe to say that dips are simply lovely and no matter what you consume, whether they are delicious or hard to bear, everything becomes good with some Christmas dips on the side. Instead of buying dips and spreads from the store which you usually opt for, it is best you try to make them at home instead. There will be no artificial preservatives and you can monitor the content of the dips as you make them on your own.
If you want your dips to turn not only tasty but also healthy then there is definitely a way to deal with it. But to find so, you need to read on!
1. Make use of Neufchatel cream cheese- if you want your dip to turn out to be healthy then you have to opt for options that have less fat content! Like the Neufchatel cream cheese! The only difference between the former and ordinary cream cheese is the fat content. It is observed that the fat content in Neufchatel cream cheese is about ⅓ compared to the ordinary version. The look, taste, and smell of the cream cheese dips are exactly the same when you use Neufchatel instead of ordinary dairy cream cheese. This way you do not have to freak out about being on a diet and having more dips as long as they turn out to be a healthy choice.
2. You can substitute the red meat with veggies instead- if you wish to deal with the fat content in your salad and dips then all you need to do is remove meat like bacon and beef and substitute it with green veggies, tofu, cottage cheese and so on. We are not completely asking you to remove the meaty portions but you can reduce it a bit to accommodate some veggies as well.
3. You must substitute mayo or sour cream with low-fat plain Greek yogurt-
Of course, you cannot cut out on dips and spread them altogether but there is definitely a way to make your holiday dips special and healthy at the same time. For example, you can substitute or replace mayo and sour cream with low-fat plain Greek yogurt, the recipe still tastes so good, and a wonderful idea that you should not miss out on.
4. Veggies can be served as dippers- if you want to get over your guilt to consume rather than hog down food during the holidays then you should opt for the veggie strips that can be enjoyed with the dips. This way you will definitely not regret it at all. Refreshing and rich, this is a great way to begin your meal.
5. Whole-grain bread and crackers can be enjoyed on the sides- if you are fond of dips so much then you should opt for whole-grain crackers and bread on the sides. Healthy and rich, you can make your holidays and seasonal celebration even more special with this idea. Of course, there is no need for you to give up on dips altogether but instead opt for a healthy and refreshing way to consume the same.
6. Use low-fat or skim milk- we often require milk to make dips but if you feel that the fat content will grow to become higher with the addition of such ingredients then you must go for the low-fat or skim milk. There is definitely a way to make your recipes even more healthy if you choose the right ingredients.
7. Add some fresh veggies to your dips- there is no need for you to abandon your desire to indulge in dips because we have found you the right way to indulge in amazing treats. Veggies are a great way to make your dips not only healthy but such a crunchy treat too! So if you are in love with gooey dips then do not forget to add some fresh and crunchy veggie strips like lettuce and carrots, beans, and bell peppers to the holiday dips.
8. Do not fill yourself up with a dip- we understand that it seems very appealing and tempting to indulge in dips even before the entire bowl gets over! Binge-eating dips can be a habit but you know how to deal with it better. Keep some healthy choices around it so everything you grab a bit of your dip, you also consume something rich and healthy. Keep small spoons next to the dip so that every scoop is small! Hence you can control the portion that you consume each time.
9. Remove the cheese topping as much as you can- sometimes we use some toppings for the dip and if you are in the mood for something nice and healthy then you should cut out on your cheese content. If you usually use some shredded cheese for the top then you must reduce it by half if not completely. We understand that it is tough to cut out on cream cheese but you can do so if you are persistent to make your dip healthy during the holidays.
10. Replace cream cheese and cauliflower rice- the creamy cauliflower rice is packed with flavors and is such an excellent choice that one can use to replace the fat-filled cream cheese. The next time you make a dip make sure you have some cauliflower rice in handy.
What makes a dip, dip?
This is rather a good question! If you are making dip then of course, there are some essential ingredients that are required in the process. These are small portions of cream or sauce or both served in mini bowls! You can dunk your chicken fingers or french fries in your dip and enjoy it to the fullest. Whether you are having tortilla or pita chips, these are a must-have!
There are several dips like salsa which is made with veggies and cream combined. For example, we can talk about guacamole which is a veggie-based dip made with mashed avocado. Usually consumed with crunchy tortilla chips, these are quite famous. You must have heard about hummus which is a bean dip that originated in Middle Eastern countries.
There are so many dip options that you will be simply amazed! Here we have listed below some Christmas dips and spreads recipes that you can try out during the holidays.
Delicious Christmas Dips & Spreads Recipes | Quick & Easy Ideas
The season of Christmas calls for you to make something nice and sweet and hence we brought you this recipe for cherry cheesecake which is so easy to make indeed. Indeed a wonderful treat that you should not miss out on!
Filled with cream cheese, the smooth cake batter dip with colorful treats are simply lovely and you should indulge in its magnificence. Perfect to enjoy with crackers during the holidays. Do give it a try for sure! What a brilliant idea indeed!
Delicious and filled with a smooth essence, the holiday Grinch dip is simply so lovely that you will be rendered speechless. Spinach, cream cheese, and parmesan, the holiday Grinch dip is the most amazing treat ever. Shall we try it then?
All you need are four ingredients to make the white cheddar cranberry dip loaded with a tangy essence. The cheesy and tangy treat tastes simply so good that you will be rendered speechless at river bite! Serve it as an appetizer and see how quickly it disappears.
Perfect during the season of Christmas or Thanksgiving, the Christmas cranberry dip is lovely and loaded with smooth cream cheese. Such a stunning and mouth-watering recipe to indulge in during the holidays. Shall we then?
Sweet and enriching, the Christmas tree came dip is loaded with a sense of magnificence and blissful flavors. Drizzled with sprinkles, the tree cake dip is lovely and you should give it a try! What an excellent choice that will leave the kids delighted.
The addictive creamy crab dip is lovely and packed with flavors so enriching. This seafood dip is gorgeous and the most outstanding that we can think of. Loaded with succulent crab meat, do give it a try for sure.
8. Booty dip
Yes, we are talking about the luxurious chocolate Booty dip! Adorned with marshmallow fluff and chocolate chips, the Booty dip is such an amazing treat indeed. Flavored with brown sugar and cream cheese. This is a brilliant idea for one to indulge in this season!
Cranberry, cilantro, and jalapeno dip packed with cream cheese is such an exciting recipe for one to try out. Sweet and hearty, you must give it a try for sure. Well, such a brilliant choice for the festive season.
Hot chocolate mix, marshmallows fluff, and cool whip are the way for one to create this recipe. Gorgeous and enriched with cream, you shall be tempted and thrilled with every bite. So with the Christmas season around the corner, this is an excellent idea!
We have come up with the peppermint cheesecake dip that both tastes and looks so delicious that you are definitely going to drool over it! Fascinating and flavorful, this recipe turns out to be so good that you will be simply amazed by this one.
If you did not try this then your holidays are simply incomplete! We have brought you the exclusive sugar cookie cheesecake cheeseballs that taste divine indeed! No wonder it has such a massive fan following. Shall we try it then?
The delectable cranberry jalapeno dip is right here so you can indulge in its blissful taste during the holidays. Gooey and fascinating, there is nothing as good as this one right here. Thank us later for the brilliant idea. Enjoy now!
Yes, we are talking about none other than the exotic Christmas crack dip which is the most amazing of all times. Rich and luxurious, use this chocolate dip with your favorite salty crackers. Brilliant to make with much ease, enjoy a bowlful of this amazing treat!
Well, the surprise has just begun as you prepare the wonderful Christmas dips of the season, loaded with cream, we are sure you will definitely fall hard for the one. And if you like the flavor of mocha then the peppermint dip is the best.
Wait, how can you think we would miss out on the creamy gingerbread dip? These are simply lovely and you should give it a try for sure. Delicious and fancy, you can enjoy the warmth of it with crispy crackers.
If you are so fond of cookies that you simply can't stay without them then you should go for the Christmas cookie dip which is right here at your disposal! Now you can enjoy some sweet and hearty treats without having to worry about how tough it will be to make them.
Yes, we are talking about the lovely caramel apple dip! Topped with chinky apples and smooth caramel sauce, this recipe turns out to be a wonderful treat.
Ah, finally! Yes, the warm ranch crack dip recipe is right here to everyone's delight! Served with bacon and loads of cream cheese, we can guarantee you that you will fall hard for this one.
Yes, we are talking about the million-dollar dip which is such a fantastic treat we must say! Served with cream cheese and herbs, you are surely going to make it again we can guarantee. So shall we begin to make this all-time favorite treat?
1. What do you mean by a dip?
A dip is a small portion of flavored herbed cream or sauce which is served with crackers and chips on the side. You can even enjoy them as sweet or savory appetizers depending on the ingredients that you choose.
2. What are dips commonly made of?
Dips are made of a variety of ingredients from fruity components to cheesy and meaty options. The common ingredients that are used for making dips include sour cream, milk, yogurt, mayonnaise, and so on.
3. What are some of the dips that you can consume with nachos?
Beef taco nacho dip, avocado, and sour cream dips are some of the options that you can try out. There are so many other options and the list simply goes endless.
4. What are some of the sides you can enjoy with dips?
Some of the common dippers that one enjoys at the party with dips include crackers, pepperoni pieces, cheese sticks, potato chips, and so on. You can also enjoy your dip with chicken nuggets and popcorn.
5. Which is the base that is generally used for making dips?
Sour cream is the general base that is used for making dips. Simple and pure cream cheese is also a brilliant option.
6. What are some of the veggies that you can add to your dip?
Some of the common veggies that you can include in your dip are carrots, celery, cucumbers, and so on. Other veggies are capsicum, snow peas, cauliflower, broccoli, and so on.
This holiday season, don't forget the dips and spreads! With these easy and festive recipes, your holiday parties will be vibrant and memorable. From the warmth of the Spicy Pomegranate Hummus to the creaminess of the White Chocolate Pumpkin Pie Dip, you’ll never be short on ideas. Don’t forget to be creative and add your own special twist to these tried-and-true recipes. With these festive spreads, you’ll be sure to get into the holiday spirit and impress your guests. Embrace the warmth of the holiday season with Christmas dips and spreads!
As the famous chef Julia Child said, “People who love to eat are always the best people.” Here’s to making delightful dishes that bring people together this Christmas.