Wait! Are you planning a surprise birthday party for the little ones? Aw, this must be a very special day for you! If you wish to surprise them with gifts and cakes, then the best thing to do is make a cake at home. Filled with warmth and affection, we are sure they will love what you make! But of course, you do not wish to make a mistake and mess the whole thing up, isn't it? We understand it is their special day and you want everything to be flawless! Don't worry, at least with the cake, we can guarantee that the birthday boy or girl will be delighted when you present them with such a lovely sweet treat! Here are some tips to bake your cake right.
1. Preheating the oven before baking- although it may seem like alright to begin baking in the cold oven, this has a very disappointing impact on the texture of the cake. The dough initially does not acquire the temperature it deserves and ends with a tough and spongy crust. Preheating is absolutely essential when you are baking! This brings the internal temperature of the oven to the ideal point that is needed for the cake to bake perfectly well.
2. Weight of the ingredients must be maintained carefully - while you are mixing all the ingredients together in a bowl, make sure you have a measuring cup in hand so the precise amount can be maintained intact. If the proper quantity of ingredients is not maintained intact then the consistency, texture, and flavor of the cake might not turn out the way you want.
3. Always read and follow the recipes- you can use creativity and modification only where there is scope! Do not try to alter the recipes or the cake might not work out! It is written down for a particular reason by the experts and you should follow the steps if you desire to see fruitful results. Use alternative items where it is mentioned. However, stick to the main ones as long as no changes are suggested.
4. Get as much air as you can into the cake- this implies that you need to cream the butter and sugar for a long time, so they become light and absorb much air. Sifting is also a great technique that you can put to use. Whisk the mixture gently so the composition of air in it is enhanced! This should be done gently or you might knock out the air of the mixture. The purpose behind locking air into the mixture is to make the crust light and fluffy instead of tough and chewy.
5. Once the mixture is ready, allow it to go straight into the oven instead of making it lie idle-
Once the cake mixture is ready, as in you have put the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and given a stir, they need to be immediately put into the oven. The raising agents start working immediately after the blending is done and if you leave them idle for too long, the texture of the cake may get affected. Hence preheat the oven while you are mixing the ingredients and then immediately once both are done, place the mixture into it.
6. Allow the cake to cool down- we often begin to add icing and edible decoration to the cake, the moment it is brought out of the oven! This can melt the whole arrangement and your efforts will go down the drain. Allow the cake to instead sit at room temperature for a couple of minutes and then put it inside the refrigerator! Once the cake comes out of the refrigerator you can begin with the taste of applying edible decor pieces.
Easy and Delicious Birthday Cake Recipes - Try These at Home!
The fantastic confetti birthday cakes are super rich and moist!
Covered completely in icing and drizzled with colorful sprinkles, this birthday cake is ready to adorn the table.
A lovely idea for the little ones! Get started with making this vanilla treat now!
The vanilla layer cake is flooded with cream and edible decor pieces. The layered cakes are something that is a universal favorite!
If you are planning to surprise your kid then make sure you give this one a thought.
Adorned with chocolate ganache, buttercream, and vanilla, the cookie dough cake is a wonderful crumbly, and gooey treat for all age groups.
Topped with vibrant sprinkles, everyone's eyes will be fixed on the dessert table. So what are you waiting for?
The combination of lemon and raspberry renders this cake with a zesty essence.
If the birthday event is somewhere around the summer season then this flavor we shall consider to be ideal!
Adorned with icing, what a brilliant time you shall have with a giant piece on your plate.
You are up for a treat with the layer of vanilla cake that is filled with mascarpone and berries!
No wonder the birthday girl or boy will be on cloud nine with such a magnificent present on their birthday.
The luxurious raspberry and chocolate cake will make everyone drool no matter whose birthday it is!
Layered with rich chocolate and an infusion of berries in the center, this cake will be the show-stopper at every event.
The Japanese delicacy, the Tiramisu layer cake, is simply exotic! Topped with cream and icing, no one will deny not falling in love with this one.
The whipped mascarpone cream is so luxurious and melts in every bite.
A tiramisu for a birthday cake is a great idea indeed!
The sprinkle cakes are easy to bake and the vibrancy of the piece grabs everyone's attention.
If you are planning to surprise your little one but the time is short then this vanilla cake is perfect.
If chocolate is what they like, then you can surprise your partner on the morning of their birthday with this moist chocolate cake!
As they wake up in the morning, this will be the best gift adorned with icing and cream.
The delicious and gooey layer cake is perfectly topped with berries to your delight!
Make use of seasonal fruits and adorn the cake to achieve perfection of looks and taste to its fullest.
We are sure you find the zesty lemon essence tempting.
11. Marble cake
What a fantastic idea it is to make the marble cake!
Celebrate your partner's birthday with joy and jubilance and a marble cake on the side.
Packed with icing, this cake will disappear in no time.
Whoever is a fan of brownies will surely like this idea of making a brownie cookie cake this season!
Make your best friend's birthday special with a cake recipe that is so simple for one to emulate. Do give it a try!
Wait! Did someone just say Oreo cake? Well, we can guarantee that an Oreo cake is completely capable of making anybody drool!
Especially being topped with buttercream frosting, there is no way you can escape the charm it casts.
The combination of dark and white chocolate in this gorgeous Tuxedo cake is what you need as an ultimate treat for the birthday girl or boy.
Thank us later for this idea! Now go ahead and prepare for it today! Tell us how it was!
15. S'mores cake
The combination of Graham's cracker and chocolate buttercream frosting brings a sense of food orgasm to the taste buds.
And especially if you are a sweet lover then there is no way for you to escape. Shall we then?
The red velvet cake always bears the crown whether it is a birthday or wedding, or any other joyous event for that matter!
Imagine yourself on that day when you would have to go all the way to the store to buy them!
Well, now you have the recipe to make it at home.
Prepared with salted buttercream meringue and caramel sauce, this cake idea is simply outstanding!
If you are looking for a recipe that will suit the season as you celebrate your partner's birthday, this one is the best.
Yes, you heard it right! The lemon velvet cake is another heavenly creation, the recipe of which we have achieved to collect for you.
Make the celebration in summer even better with such an option on the table.
If your kid likes cookies and cakes both but you can only manage to prepare one in the given time, then here is a recipe that allows you to combine both.
What an excellent creation we have to admit!
Made in four layers, there is a surprise in every inch of this cake!
Get ready to flood your taste buds with the presence of the most divine flavors of all time.
There are chocolate chips and cannoli frosting! What else do you need to define it as divine?
The rich buttercream frosting over the luxurious cappuccino cake makes this recipe such a treat to the taste buds.
How lovely to make something so delectable and present it as a birthday gift to your best friend who is also a coffee lover!
Bring a new twist to the birthday party with this cake cookie recipe!
Do away with the tradition of a big cake if you have time constraints!
Go ahead and invest your efforts into the crumbly and creamy cake cookies and you shall not be disappointed.
We have the gorgeous vegan cake for you in case you are troubled about what to prepare as a vegan dessert this season!
Perfect for birthdays and gatherings, the cake is simply so exotic indeed.
Here is a snickerdoodle cake recipe that contains butter creak, rich caramel, sugar, and frosting!
The kids will be so tempted that we can't guarantee if the cake will last till the party ends or not.
Okay, so what is the first thing that comes to your mind when you think about cakes?
For us, it is peanut butter and chocolate!
Crumbly and filled with luxurious icing, this is an extraordinary one that you should not miss out on.
How elegant do these pink velvet cakes look indeed!
With the birthday of your partner around the corner, here we have the exotic pink velvet cake that you should make and surprise them!
Begin right away!
The name is quite funny and quirky, right? So is the cake which never fails to bring a smile to the face of your loved ones!
Make the effort to bake this one and see how delighted they shall be.
We have the most amazing strawberry shortcake recipe for you right here!
Be it a birthday event or a wedding, every eye shall be fixed on the table as the strawberry cake stands proudly in its glory!
There is nothing much to say about its taste except that it is simply divine.
Made right from scratch, the cookie cake with buttercream frosting is simply outstanding.
If you are a beginner in baking then start with something simple and quick like this one.
1. What is the one thing that you must be careful about in the case of ingredients?
All the ingredients of the cake must be kept at room temperature, for instance, butter, milk, eggs, and so on! The blending is only done well when the substances do not form lumps which might happen if they are cold and brought out of the refrigerator.
2. What is the golden rule of baking?
The golden rule of baking includes, "Make it cold and bake it hot". The ingredients should be used at room temperature but while baking you need to preheat the oven so the temperature remains warm and ideal to allow the cake to rise.
3. Which temperature is considered ideal for baking?
The temperature of 350°F is taken as ideal as you bake your birthday cake. Baking should always be done on the center shelf so that every part of the cake is exposed to an equal amount of heat.
4. Which is the most tactful bit of baking the cake?
While you bake the cake, it is the part where you are expected to whisk the butter and sugar which needs the most tactics. Gently whisk so that more air is allowed to enter the mixture to levitate the cake.
5. How many do you need to bake the cake?
To bake a cake, all you need are thirty to forty minutes and your treat shall be ready.
6. Why does sometimes the cake break at the top?
The cake might have cracks at the top which is suggestive of too much raising agent in the batter.
Bottom Line- Now that you have so many cakes at your disposal, do not waste a minute and create such lovely treats on your loved one's birthday!